May 30, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
An anonymous Eastern Conference coach believes the Pittsburgh Penguins will beat the Boston Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals, thus advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, according to the Toronto Sun.
That coach – who could it be? – called the Penguins in five games, too.
Here’s a snippet of what the mystery bench boss told the Toronto Sun.
“I think both teams are very deep at forward and I think the Penguins have the scoring depth as far as the number of goals. That gives them a bit of an advantage.
“Where the Bruins are strong is in the number of guys who can play a 200-foot game. They are very good systemically. The big factor is going to be Pittsburgh’s ability to continue generating offence and who is going to be able to establish their game how often and for how long.”
Of course, the Bruins and their fans might think otherwise. And be sure to click here for a video preview of the Eastern final from ProHockeyTalk’s own Mike Halford and Jason Brough.
The Penguins, who also won out on the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes over Boston prior to the trade deadline, did sweep the season series, going 3-0-0 against the Bruins.
All three games, however, were decided by one goal, as pointed out by Tim Wharnsby of CBC in his Eastern Conference final preview.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)