May 30, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
An anonymous Eastern Conference coach believes the Pittsburgh Penguins will beat the Boston Bruins in the Eastern Conference finals, thus advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, according to the Toronto Sun.
That coach – who could it be? – called the Penguins in five games, too.
Here’s a snippet of what the mystery bench boss told the Toronto Sun.
“I think both teams are very deep at forward and I think the Penguins have the scoring depth as far as the number of goals. That gives them a bit of an advantage.
“Where the Bruins are strong is in the number of guys who can play a 200-foot game. They are very good systemically. The big factor is going to be Pittsburgh’s ability to continue generating offence and who is going to be able to establish their game how often and for how long.”
Of course, the Bruins and their fans might think otherwise. And be sure to click here for a video preview of the Eastern final from ProHockeyTalk’s own Mike Halford and Jason Brough.
The Penguins, who also won out on the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes over Boston prior to the trade deadline, did sweep the season series, going 3-0-0 against the Bruins.
All three games, however, were decided by one goal, as pointed out by Tim Wharnsby of CBC in his Eastern Conference final preview.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)