May 30, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The NHL’s leading scorer in the playoffs missed practice today. But don’t worry, Bruins fans, it was nothing serious — David Krejci is fine.
“It’s very minor. He’s fine,” said Boston coach Claude Julien. “It was a maintenance day…minimal maintenance.”
Krejci has 17 points in 12 postseason games. The 27-year-old center was also the league’s leading playoff scorer in 2011, when his 23 points helped the B’s to a Stanley Cup.
Here’s CSN New England with a possible explanation for Krejci’s absence:
It appeared Krejci had one of his knees hyper-extended during an awkward collision in the latter half of the Game 5 win over the New York Rangers last weekend, but the Czech Republic pivot hadn’t missed either of the long practice sessions this week prior to today’s absence.
Krejci didn’t miss much anyways, as the B’s had a fairly light practice ahead of Saturday’s game in Pittsburgh.
“We just did a couple drills and then we just wanted to work our power play today and penalty kill,” said Julien, per NHL.com. “So basically the bulk of the practice was 20 minutes.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)