May 30, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The NHL’s leading scorer in the playoffs missed practice today. But don’t worry, Bruins fans, it was nothing serious — David Krejci is fine.
“It’s very minor. He’s fine,” said Boston coach Claude Julien. “It was a maintenance day…minimal maintenance.”
Krejci has 17 points in 12 postseason games. The 27-year-old center was also the league’s leading playoff scorer in 2011, when his 23 points helped the B’s to a Stanley Cup.
Here’s CSN New England with a possible explanation for Krejci’s absence:
It appeared Krejci had one of his knees hyper-extended during an awkward collision in the latter half of the Game 5 win over the New York Rangers last weekend, but the Czech Republic pivot hadn’t missed either of the long practice sessions this week prior to today’s absence.
Krejci didn’t miss much anyways, as the B’s had a fairly light practice ahead of Saturday’s game in Pittsburgh.
“We just did a couple drills and then we just wanted to work our power play today and penalty kill,” said Julien, per NHL.com. “So basically the bulk of the practice was 20 minutes.”
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)