May 30, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The NHL’s leading scorer in the playoffs missed practice today. But don’t worry, Bruins fans, it was nothing serious — David Krejci is fine.
“It’s very minor. He’s fine,” said Boston coach Claude Julien. “It was a maintenance day…minimal maintenance.”
Krejci has 17 points in 12 postseason games. The 27-year-old center was also the league’s leading playoff scorer in 2011, when his 23 points helped the B’s to a Stanley Cup.
Here’s CSN New England with a possible explanation for Krejci’s absence:
It appeared Krejci had one of his knees hyper-extended during an awkward collision in the latter half of the Game 5 win over the New York Rangers last weekend, but the Czech Republic pivot hadn’t missed either of the long practice sessions this week prior to today’s absence.
Krejci didn’t miss much anyways, as the B’s had a fairly light practice ahead of Saturday’s game in Pittsburgh.
“We just did a couple drills and then we just wanted to work our power play today and penalty kill,” said Julien, per NHL.com. “So basically the bulk of the practice was 20 minutes.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 2
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)