May 30, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
The NHL’s leading scorer in the playoffs missed practice today. But don’t worry, Bruins fans, it was nothing serious — David Krejci is fine.
“It’s very minor. He’s fine,” said Boston coach Claude Julien. “It was a maintenance day…minimal maintenance.”
Krejci has 17 points in 12 postseason games. The 27-year-old center was also the league’s leading playoff scorer in 2011, when his 23 points helped the B’s to a Stanley Cup.
Here’s CSN New England with a possible explanation for Krejci’s absence:
It appeared Krejci had one of his knees hyper-extended during an awkward collision in the latter half of the Game 5 win over the New York Rangers last weekend, but the Czech Republic pivot hadn’t missed either of the long practice sessions this week prior to today’s absence.
Krejci didn’t miss much anyways, as the B’s had a fairly light practice ahead of Saturday’s game in Pittsburgh.
“We just did a couple drills and then we just wanted to work our power play today and penalty kill,” said Julien, per NHL.com. “So basically the bulk of the practice was 20 minutes.”
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)