May 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EST
The referees for tonight’s Western Conference semifinal Game 7 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are Stephen Walkom (#24) and Dan O’Rourke (#9).
Working the lines will be “she told me her name was Billy” Jean Morin (#97) and Brian “Killer Bee” Murphy (#97).
Walkom, 49, is best known as the NHL’s former vice president and director of officiating. He left refereeing to take that post, but came out of retirement in 2009 to start calling games again.
He was named as one of the referees for the 2010 and ’11 Stanley Cup finals, and has worked one Game 7 already this postseason (Detroit-Anaheim, with Eric Furlatt).
As for O’Rourke, he worked a Game 7 as well — Washington-New York — and worked Game 1 of the Ottawa-Montreal series (along with Mike Leggo), tagging Sens defenseman Eric Gryba with a five-minute interference penalty for his hit on Montreal’s Lars Eller.
O’Rourke was also responsible for this highly debatable hooking call on Sidney Crosby in Game 5 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It should be noted, however, that O’Rourke was one of the four referees selected to work the 2012 Stanley Cup finals.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32