May 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EST
The referees for tonight’s Western Conference semifinal Game 7 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are Stephen Walkom (#24) and Dan O’Rourke (#9).
Working the lines will be “she told me her name was Billy” Jean Morin (#97) and Brian “Killer Bee” Murphy (#97).
Walkom, 49, is best known as the NHL’s former vice president and director of officiating. He left refereeing to take that post, but came out of retirement in 2009 to start calling games again.
He was named as one of the referees for the 2010 and ’11 Stanley Cup finals, and has worked one Game 7 already this postseason (Detroit-Anaheim, with Eric Furlatt).
As for O’Rourke, he worked a Game 7 as well — Washington-New York — and worked Game 1 of the Ottawa-Montreal series (along with Mike Leggo), tagging Sens defenseman Eric Gryba with a five-minute interference penalty for his hit on Montreal’s Lars Eller.
O’Rourke was also responsible for this highly debatable hooking call on Sidney Crosby in Game 5 of the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
It should be noted, however, that O’Rourke was one of the four referees selected to work the 2012 Stanley Cup finals.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11