May 29, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks’ walking wounded might not really come into focus until the team announces some offseason surgeries, but the team shared a couple of the guys who were playing hurt (or maybe injured) during the playoffs after the Los Angeles Kings eliminated them on Tuesday.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the team froze Marc-Edouard Vlasic‘s injured right foot before every contest after he suffered a hairline fracture during Game 4. Logan Couture also needed a shot before an undetermined amount of nights, although he told LeBrun that it didn’t affect his performance.
It seemed like the Sharks found it important to note that these injury announcements aren’t meant to be excuses, especially judging by what head coach Todd McLellan said about playing hurt, via the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
“Lot of our guys did. A lot of theirs did,” McLellan said.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5