May 29, 2013, 12:34 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks’ walking wounded might not really come into focus until the team announces some offseason surgeries, but the team shared a couple of the guys who were playing hurt (or maybe injured) during the playoffs after the Los Angeles Kings eliminated them on Tuesday.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the team froze Marc-Edouard Vlasic‘s injured right foot before every contest after he suffered a hairline fracture during Game 4. Logan Couture also needed a shot before an undetermined amount of nights, although he told LeBrun that it didn’t affect his performance.
It seemed like the Sharks found it important to note that these injury announcements aren’t meant to be excuses, especially judging by what head coach Todd McLellan said about playing hurt, via the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
“Lot of our guys did. A lot of theirs did,” McLellan said.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20