May 29, 2013, 12:34 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks’ walking wounded might not really come into focus until the team announces some offseason surgeries, but the team shared a couple of the guys who were playing hurt (or maybe injured) during the playoffs after the Los Angeles Kings eliminated them on Tuesday.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the team froze Marc-Edouard Vlasic‘s injured right foot before every contest after he suffered a hairline fracture during Game 4. Logan Couture also needed a shot before an undetermined amount of nights, although he told LeBrun that it didn’t affect his performance.
It seemed like the Sharks found it important to note that these injury announcements aren’t meant to be excuses, especially judging by what head coach Todd McLellan said about playing hurt, via the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
“Lot of our guys did. A lot of theirs did,” McLellan said.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)