May 29, 2013, 12:34 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks’ walking wounded might not really come into focus until the team announces some offseason surgeries, but the team shared a couple of the guys who were playing hurt (or maybe injured) during the playoffs after the Los Angeles Kings eliminated them on Tuesday.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the team froze Marc-Edouard Vlasic‘s injured right foot before every contest after he suffered a hairline fracture during Game 4. Logan Couture also needed a shot before an undetermined amount of nights, although he told LeBrun that it didn’t affect his performance.
It seemed like the Sharks found it important to note that these injury announcements aren’t meant to be excuses, especially judging by what head coach Todd McLellan said about playing hurt, via the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
“Lot of our guys did. A lot of theirs did,” McLellan said.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)