May 29, 2013, 12:34 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks’ walking wounded might not really come into focus until the team announces some offseason surgeries, but the team shared a couple of the guys who were playing hurt (or maybe injured) during the playoffs after the Los Angeles Kings eliminated them on Tuesday.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the team froze Marc-Edouard Vlasic‘s injured right foot before every contest after he suffered a hairline fracture during Game 4. Logan Couture also needed a shot before an undetermined amount of nights, although he told LeBrun that it didn’t affect his performance.
It seemed like the Sharks found it important to note that these injury announcements aren’t meant to be excuses, especially judging by what head coach Todd McLellan said about playing hurt, via the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott.
“Lot of our guys did. A lot of theirs did,” McLellan said.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5