May 29, 2013, 7:42 AM EST
Two weeks ago, if you had told the Detroit Red Wings that this series would go to Game 7, they would have seen that as a positive. After taking a 3-1 series lead on Thursday, they were hoping to avoid this fate. They failed.
So will they be able to stay focused and convince themselves that this Game 7 is a positive sign? Especially seeing as Game 6 was ultimately decided by a penalty shot stemming from a call that “surprised” the transgressor.
Mike Halford and Jason Brough reflected on the events that led us here and look ahead to tonight’s contest:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)