May 29, 2013, 7:42 AM EDT
Two weeks ago, if you had told the Detroit Red Wings that this series would go to Game 7, they would have seen that as a positive. After taking a 3-1 series lead on Thursday, they were hoping to avoid this fate. They failed.
So will they be able to stay focused and convince themselves that this Game 7 is a positive sign? Especially seeing as Game 6 was ultimately decided by a penalty shot stemming from a call that “surprised” the transgressor.
Mike Halford and Jason Brough reflected on the events that led us here and look ahead to tonight’s contest:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 77
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (77)