May 29, 2013, 7:42 AM EDT
Two weeks ago, if you had told the Detroit Red Wings that this series would go to Game 7, they would have seen that as a positive. After taking a 3-1 series lead on Thursday, they were hoping to avoid this fate. They failed.
So will they be able to stay focused and convince themselves that this Game 7 is a positive sign? Especially seeing as Game 6 was ultimately decided by a penalty shot stemming from a call that “surprised” the transgressor.
Mike Halford and Jason Brough reflected on the events that led us here and look ahead to tonight’s contest:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)