May 29, 2013, 7:42 AM EDT
Two weeks ago, if you had told the Detroit Red Wings that this series would go to Game 7, they would have seen that as a positive. After taking a 3-1 series lead on Thursday, they were hoping to avoid this fate. They failed.
So will they be able to stay focused and convince themselves that this Game 7 is a positive sign? Especially seeing as Game 6 was ultimately decided by a penalty shot stemming from a call that “surprised” the transgressor.
Mike Halford and Jason Brough reflected on the events that led us here and look ahead to tonight’s contest:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5