May 29, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
NHL officials are almost always going to draw home fans’ ire at some point in a game. Still, there are times when guys make calls so polarizing that they might not want to return to that city.
Stephen Walkom might just feel that way about Chicago after he waved off what would have been a 2-1 goal by Niklas Hjalmarsson in Game 7:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The contest is about to enter overtime, so check out all the nerve-wracking glory on NBC Sports Network.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)