May 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
It’s early in Wednesday’s Game 7 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, but there’s already some controversy.
CSNChicago.com’s Pat Boyle reports that Filppula underwent an X-ray and was seen on crutches, so it’s hard to fathom him coming back tonight, even with the popular “hockey players are tough” refrain in mind.
Update: the CBC’s Cassie Campbell confirms that he won’t return.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54