May 29, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews has accomplished so much in his career that it’s easy to forget that he’s still very young at 25. Maybe a video game reference will help remind some people?
The Chicago Blackhawks captain gave a pretty lighthearted assessment of why he’s glad his team managed to advance to the 2013 Western Conference finals (via the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus).
“We’ve played a lot of hockey. But it’s too early to go home,” Toews said. “We like going on the road, playing Mario Kart.”
Should we start calling him “Captain Serious Gamer” from now on, then?
Toews left a burning question: which Mario Kart are they playing? Nintendo has made a lot of them, after all.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)