May 29, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews has accomplished so much in his career that it’s easy to forget that he’s still very young at 25. Maybe a video game reference will help remind some people?
The Chicago Blackhawks captain gave a pretty lighthearted assessment of why he’s glad his team managed to advance to the 2013 Western Conference finals (via the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus).
“We’ve played a lot of hockey. But it’s too early to go home,” Toews said. “We like going on the road, playing Mario Kart.”
Should we start calling him “Captain Serious Gamer” from now on, then?
Toews left a burning question: which Mario Kart are they playing? Nintendo has made a lot of them, after all.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5