May 29, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews has accomplished so much in his career that it’s easy to forget that he’s still very young at 25. Maybe a video game reference will help remind some people?
The Chicago Blackhawks captain gave a pretty lighthearted assessment of why he’s glad his team managed to advance to the 2013 Western Conference finals (via the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus).
“We’ve played a lot of hockey. But it’s too early to go home,” Toews said. “We like going on the road, playing Mario Kart.”
Should we start calling him “Captain Serious Gamer” from now on, then?
Toews left a burning question: which Mario Kart are they playing? Nintendo has made a lot of them, after all.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)