May 29, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews has accomplished so much in his career that it’s easy to forget that he’s still very young at 25. Maybe a video game reference will help remind some people?
The Chicago Blackhawks captain gave a pretty lighthearted assessment of why he’s glad his team managed to advance to the 2013 Western Conference finals (via the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus).
“We’ve played a lot of hockey. But it’s too early to go home,” Toews said. “We like going on the road, playing Mario Kart.”
Should we start calling him “Captain Serious Gamer” from now on, then?
Toews left a burning question: which Mario Kart are they playing? Nintendo has made a lot of them, after all.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (66)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)