May 29, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews has accomplished so much in his career that it’s easy to forget that he’s still very young at 25. Maybe a video game reference will help remind some people?
The Chicago Blackhawks captain gave a pretty lighthearted assessment of why he’s glad his team managed to advance to the 2013 Western Conference finals (via the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus).
“We’ve played a lot of hockey. But it’s too early to go home,” Toews said. “We like going on the road, playing Mario Kart.”
Should we start calling him “Captain Serious Gamer” from now on, then?
Toews left a burning question: which Mario Kart are they playing? Nintendo has made a lot of them, after all.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)