May 29, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
A lot happened since the Sharks went down 2-0 in their second-round series against the Kings thanks to a stunning pair of late Los Angeles goals – including some similar breaks for San Jose – and when they lost in Game 7 on Tuesday.
Even so, Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters such as LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen that he regrets that Game 2 defeat.
“We’d love to go back and play Game 2 over again,” McLellan said.
Pass it off as “moral victories” if you’d like, but the Sharks pushed their in-state rivals to the brink in a tightly matched series. Maybe that’s why their head coach is having trouble letting that tough loss go.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)