May 29, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
A lot happened since the Sharks went down 2-0 in their second-round series against the Kings thanks to a stunning pair of late Los Angeles goals – including some similar breaks for San Jose – and when they lost in Game 7 on Tuesday.
Even so, Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters such as LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen that he regrets that Game 2 defeat.
“We’d love to go back and play Game 2 over again,” McLellan said.
Pass it off as “moral victories” if you’d like, but the Sharks pushed their in-state rivals to the brink in a tightly matched series. Maybe that’s why their head coach is having trouble letting that tough loss go.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 8
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 71
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 24
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)