May 29, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
A lot happened since the Sharks went down 2-0 in their second-round series against the Kings thanks to a stunning pair of late Los Angeles goals – including some similar breaks for San Jose – and when they lost in Game 7 on Tuesday.
Even so, Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters such as LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen that he regrets that Game 2 defeat.
“We’d love to go back and play Game 2 over again,” McLellan said.
Pass it off as “moral victories” if you’d like, but the Sharks pushed their in-state rivals to the brink in a tightly matched series. Maybe that’s why their head coach is having trouble letting that tough loss go.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)