May 29, 2013, 12:23 AM EST
A lot happened since the Sharks went down 2-0 in their second-round series against the Kings thanks to a stunning pair of late Los Angeles goals – including some similar breaks for San Jose – and when they lost in Game 7 on Tuesday.
Even so, Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters such as LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen that he regrets that Game 2 defeat.
“We’d love to go back and play Game 2 over again,” McLellan said.
Pass it off as “moral victories” if you’d like, but the Sharks pushed their in-state rivals to the brink in a tightly matched series. Maybe that’s why their head coach is having trouble letting that tough loss go.
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 0
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 4
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 20
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8