May 29, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
A lot happened since the Sharks went down 2-0 in their second-round series against the Kings thanks to a stunning pair of late Los Angeles goals – including some similar breaks for San Jose – and when they lost in Game 7 on Tuesday.
Even so, Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told reporters such as LA Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen that he regrets that Game 2 defeat.
“We’d love to go back and play Game 2 over again,” McLellan said.
Pass it off as “moral victories” if you’d like, but the Sharks pushed their in-state rivals to the brink in a tightly matched series. Maybe that’s why their head coach is having trouble letting that tough loss go.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42