May 29, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed winger Tom Sestito to a two-year contract extension, the club announced today.
In 23 games for Vancouver, the big 25-year-old recorded a goal and 53 penalty minutes.
Financial terms of the new contract were not disclosed.
Update: It’s a one-way deal, with a cap hit of $750,000.
Per CapGeek, Sestito had a one-year, two-way contract for the 2012-13 season, paying him $605,000 in the NHL and $90,000 in the minors.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22