May 29, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed winger Tom Sestito to a two-year contract extension, the club announced today.
In 23 games for Vancouver, the big 25-year-old recorded a goal and 53 penalty minutes.
Financial terms of the new contract were not disclosed.
Update: It’s a one-way deal, with a cap hit of $750,000.
Per CapGeek, Sestito had a one-year, two-way contract for the 2012-13 season, paying him $605,000 in the NHL and $90,000 in the minors.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 13
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5