May 29, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
For some, it’s downright sobering to note that the Florida Panthers and Anaheim (once Mighty) Ducks entered the NHL in 1993.
While the Ducks’ plans are guarded at the moment (hopefully they’ll bring back the admirably goofy duck hockey mask logo, at least as an alternate jersey?), the Panthers rolled out the early plans for their 20th anniversary celebration on Tuesday.
The 2013 NHL Draft marks the official kick-off, but the team shared the commemorative logo:
Tough to argue with the “Panther bursting out of various things” motif.
The burning question: will they bring back 1994 top overall pick Ed Jovanovski? Oh, wait …
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12