May 29, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
For some, it’s downright sobering to note that the Florida Panthers and Anaheim (once Mighty) Ducks entered the NHL in 1993.
While the Ducks’ plans are guarded at the moment (hopefully they’ll bring back the admirably goofy duck hockey mask logo, at least as an alternate jersey?), the Panthers rolled out the early plans for their 20th anniversary celebration on Tuesday.
The 2013 NHL Draft marks the official kick-off, but the team shared the commemorative logo:
Tough to argue with the “Panther bursting out of various things” motif.
The burning question: will they bring back 1994 top overall pick Ed Jovanovski? Oh, wait …
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)