May 29, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
For some, it’s downright sobering to note that the Florida Panthers and Anaheim (once Mighty) Ducks entered the NHL in 1993.
While the Ducks’ plans are guarded at the moment (hopefully they’ll bring back the admirably goofy duck hockey mask logo, at least as an alternate jersey?), the Panthers rolled out the early plans for their 20th anniversary celebration on Tuesday.
The 2013 NHL Draft marks the official kick-off, but the team shared the commemorative logo:
Tough to argue with the “Panther bursting out of various things” motif.
The burning question: will they bring back 1994 top overall pick Ed Jovanovski? Oh, wait …
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)