May 29, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
For some, it’s downright sobering to note that the Florida Panthers and Anaheim (once Mighty) Ducks entered the NHL in 1993.
While the Ducks’ plans are guarded at the moment (hopefully they’ll bring back the admirably goofy duck hockey mask logo, at least as an alternate jersey?), the Panthers rolled out the early plans for their 20th anniversary celebration on Tuesday.
The 2013 NHL Draft marks the official kick-off, but the team shared the commemorative logo:
Tough to argue with the “Panther bursting out of various things” motif.
The burning question: will they bring back 1994 top overall pick Ed Jovanovski? Oh, wait …
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)