May 29, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
For some, it’s downright sobering to note that the Florida Panthers and Anaheim (once Mighty) Ducks entered the NHL in 1993.
While the Ducks’ plans are guarded at the moment (hopefully they’ll bring back the admirably goofy duck hockey mask logo, at least as an alternate jersey?), the Panthers rolled out the early plans for their 20th anniversary celebration on Tuesday.
The 2013 NHL Draft marks the official kick-off, but the team shared the commemorative logo:
Tough to argue with the “Panther bursting out of various things” motif.
The burning question: will they bring back 1994 top overall pick Ed Jovanovski? Oh, wait …
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)