May 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Aside from the Chicago Blackhawks and their fans, referee Stephen Walkom must be the happiest person in the United Center on Wednesday.
After blowing a play that lead to a go-ahead goal dead in the third period, Walkom got to wipe some sweat off his brow after Brent Seabrook scored the OT-winner to give the Blackhawks a 4-3 series win against the Detroit Red Wings. Let’s chat about it.
- Does a Blackhawks win make that disallowed goal more of a footnote or will hockey fans point to it as one of the all-time blunders anyway?
- The Red Wings might have given up a 3-1 series lead, but they still pushed the Blackhawks within a goal of being eliminated. Still, some wonder if Detroit is finally fading after all these years of dominance. Should GM Ken Holland rebuild in any form? If so, how much?
- Are you impressed with Corey Crawford and/or Jimmy Howard after this second-round series? Neither netminder was a hockey household name, yet both acquitted themselves masterfully.
- Seabrook has generated a lot of criticism lately. Will that huge goal get people off of his back?
- Both conference finals feature top seed vs. fourth seed matchups with high-profile teams. Which series are you looking forward to the most?
- So, who do you got: the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Blackhawks or the defending champion Los Angeles Kings?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)