May 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Aside from the Chicago Blackhawks and their fans, referee Stephen Walkom must be the happiest person in the United Center on Wednesday.
After blowing a play that lead to a go-ahead goal dead in the third period, Walkom got to wipe some sweat off his brow after Brent Seabrook scored the OT-winner to give the Blackhawks a 4-3 series win against the Detroit Red Wings. Let’s chat about it.
- Does a Blackhawks win make that disallowed goal more of a footnote or will hockey fans point to it as one of the all-time blunders anyway?
- The Red Wings might have given up a 3-1 series lead, but they still pushed the Blackhawks within a goal of being eliminated. Still, some wonder if Detroit is finally fading after all these years of dominance. Should GM Ken Holland rebuild in any form? If so, how much?
- Are you impressed with Corey Crawford and/or Jimmy Howard after this second-round series? Neither netminder was a hockey household name, yet both acquitted themselves masterfully.
- Seabrook has generated a lot of criticism lately. Will that huge goal get people off of his back?
- Both conference finals feature top seed vs. fourth seed matchups with high-profile teams. Which series are you looking forward to the most?
- So, who do you got: the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Blackhawks or the defending champion Los Angeles Kings?
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)