May 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Aside from the Chicago Blackhawks and their fans, referee Stephen Walkom must be the happiest person in the United Center on Wednesday.
After blowing a play that lead to a go-ahead goal dead in the third period, Walkom got to wipe some sweat off his brow after Brent Seabrook scored the OT-winner to give the Blackhawks a 4-3 series win against the Detroit Red Wings. Let’s chat about it.
- Does a Blackhawks win make that disallowed goal more of a footnote or will hockey fans point to it as one of the all-time blunders anyway?
- The Red Wings might have given up a 3-1 series lead, but they still pushed the Blackhawks within a goal of being eliminated. Still, some wonder if Detroit is finally fading after all these years of dominance. Should GM Ken Holland rebuild in any form? If so, how much?
- Are you impressed with Corey Crawford and/or Jimmy Howard after this second-round series? Neither netminder was a hockey household name, yet both acquitted themselves masterfully.
- Seabrook has generated a lot of criticism lately. Will that huge goal get people off of his back?
- Both conference finals feature top seed vs. fourth seed matchups with high-profile teams. Which series are you looking forward to the most?
- So, who do you got: the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Blackhawks or the defending champion Los Angeles Kings?
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)