May 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr may not have a goal in the 2013 playoffs, but Bruins head coach Claude Julien has no issues with the 41-year-old’s performance.
“I think it’s unfortunate that his numbers don’t reflect his play,” Julien said, per the Boston Herald. “I can remember twice he’s got the open net, right next to it, and gets robbed twice. It has to be a little frustrating for a guy like him. He’s there, he’s in the right position, he’s made a lot of good things happen with that line. Bergeron started producing when (Jagr) got on it, again for all the reasons I’ve been saying the last couple of weeks.
“He’s been good, his attitude’s been great. He works hard, he does extra. He’s in it for the right reasons. His experience and what he means in our dressing room, what he’s done in his career and how the other players look at him, he’s been nothing but a great asset.”
Jagr has been credited with 36 shots in the playoffs, tied for 16th among all postseason participants. His advanced statistics also suggest he’s doing a lot of good things out there.
If Jagr keeps playing the same way, it shouldn’t be long before he pots one against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)