May 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EST
Jaromir Jagr may not have a goal in the 2013 playoffs, but Bruins head coach Claude Julien has no issues with the 41-year-old’s performance.
“I think it’s unfortunate that his numbers don’t reflect his play,” Julien said, per the Boston Herald. “I can remember twice he’s got the open net, right next to it, and gets robbed twice. It has to be a little frustrating for a guy like him. He’s there, he’s in the right position, he’s made a lot of good things happen with that line. Bergeron started producing when (Jagr) got on it, again for all the reasons I’ve been saying the last couple of weeks.
“He’s been good, his attitude’s been great. He works hard, he does extra. He’s in it for the right reasons. His experience and what he means in our dressing room, what he’s done in his career and how the other players look at him, he’s been nothing but a great asset.”
Jagr has been credited with 36 shots in the playoffs, tied for 16th among all postseason participants. His advanced statistics also suggest he’s doing a lot of good things out there.
If Jagr keeps playing the same way, it shouldn’t be long before he pots one against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 0
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 1
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 51
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (51)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)