May 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EST
Jaromir Jagr may not have a goal in the 2013 playoffs, but Bruins head coach Claude Julien has no issues with the 41-year-old’s performance.
“I think it’s unfortunate that his numbers don’t reflect his play,” Julien said, per the Boston Herald. “I can remember twice he’s got the open net, right next to it, and gets robbed twice. It has to be a little frustrating for a guy like him. He’s there, he’s in the right position, he’s made a lot of good things happen with that line. Bergeron started producing when (Jagr) got on it, again for all the reasons I’ve been saying the last couple of weeks.
“He’s been good, his attitude’s been great. He works hard, he does extra. He’s in it for the right reasons. His experience and what he means in our dressing room, what he’s done in his career and how the other players look at him, he’s been nothing but a great asset.”
Jagr has been credited with 36 shots in the playoffs, tied for 16th among all postseason participants. His advanced statistics also suggest he’s doing a lot of good things out there.
If Jagr keeps playing the same way, it shouldn’t be long before he pots one against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 41
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 41
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)