May 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr may not have a goal in the 2013 playoffs, but Bruins head coach Claude Julien has no issues with the 41-year-old’s performance.
“I think it’s unfortunate that his numbers don’t reflect his play,” Julien said, per the Boston Herald. “I can remember twice he’s got the open net, right next to it, and gets robbed twice. It has to be a little frustrating for a guy like him. He’s there, he’s in the right position, he’s made a lot of good things happen with that line. Bergeron started producing when (Jagr) got on it, again for all the reasons I’ve been saying the last couple of weeks.
“He’s been good, his attitude’s been great. He works hard, he does extra. He’s in it for the right reasons. His experience and what he means in our dressing room, what he’s done in his career and how the other players look at him, he’s been nothing but a great asset.”
Jagr has been credited with 36 shots in the playoffs, tied for 16th among all postseason participants. His advanced statistics also suggest he’s doing a lot of good things out there.
If Jagr keeps playing the same way, it shouldn’t be long before he pots one against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 0
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 8
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 27
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 10
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)