May 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr may not have a goal in the 2013 playoffs, but Bruins head coach Claude Julien has no issues with the 41-year-old’s performance.
“I think it’s unfortunate that his numbers don’t reflect his play,” Julien said, per the Boston Herald. “I can remember twice he’s got the open net, right next to it, and gets robbed twice. It has to be a little frustrating for a guy like him. He’s there, he’s in the right position, he’s made a lot of good things happen with that line. Bergeron started producing when (Jagr) got on it, again for all the reasons I’ve been saying the last couple of weeks.
“He’s been good, his attitude’s been great. He works hard, he does extra. He’s in it for the right reasons. His experience and what he means in our dressing room, what he’s done in his career and how the other players look at him, he’s been nothing but a great asset.”
Jagr has been credited with 36 shots in the playoffs, tied for 16th among all postseason participants. His advanced statistics also suggest he’s doing a lot of good things out there.
If Jagr keeps playing the same way, it shouldn’t be long before he pots one against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)