May 29, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
Yesterday, they were together at practice.
It’s all part of Boston’s preparation for the Pittsburgh Penguins, a team that features two of the most dangerous offensive weapons in the game — Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin — each of whom center a different top line.
But it’s also possible Julien may go with the defensive pairings he had today at practice:
“Maybe it’s pairing, maybe it’s separating,” Julien said earlier this week. “We’ll have something in mind by the time the first game comes around.”
That first game is Saturday in Pittsburgh.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40