May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
It feels hasty to praise a player too much for having a knack for Game 7 brilliance, yet Los Angeles Kings winger Justin Williams is making it tough to deny.
The 31-year-old forward scored the first two goals of Tuesday’s Game 7 match for the Kings against the San Jose Sharks. Here’s video of that dynamic duo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is Williams’ fourth career Game 7. He now has five goals (one in every single contest) and four assists for nine points in that span. His teams are 3-0 so far and he still has time to add to his dazzling totals.
Going bigger picture, the home team has won every game of this series and the same is true of the squad that scores first. Those numbers don’t bode well for the Sharks, yet as of this moment, they face a feasible margin of 2-0.
It could have been worse, too, as Antti Niemi made a brilliant save to keep Williams from a natural hat trick.
Update: The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti collects Williams’ Game 7 production in one easy Tweet:
Justin Williams: Game 7 ’03 ECQ w/PHI vsTOR: 1G, 2A ;Game 7 ’06 ECF w/CAR vs. BUF 1G, 2A: Game 7 ’06 SCF vs EDM: 1G, 0A; Tonight: 2G, 0A.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) May 29, 2013
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)