May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
It feels hasty to praise a player too much for having a knack for Game 7 brilliance, yet Los Angeles Kings winger Justin Williams is making it tough to deny.
The 31-year-old forward scored the first two goals of Tuesday’s Game 7 match for the Kings against the San Jose Sharks. Here’s video of that dynamic duo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is Williams’ fourth career Game 7. He now has five goals (one in every single contest) and four assists for nine points in that span. His teams are 3-0 so far and he still has time to add to his dazzling totals.
Going bigger picture, the home team has won every game of this series and the same is true of the squad that scores first. Those numbers don’t bode well for the Sharks, yet as of this moment, they face a feasible margin of 2-0.
It could have been worse, too, as Antti Niemi made a brilliant save to keep Williams from a natural hat trick.
Update: The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti collects Williams’ Game 7 production in one easy Tweet:
Justin Williams: Game 7 ’03 ECQ w/PHI vsTOR: 1G, 2A ;Game 7 ’06 ECF w/CAR vs. BUF 1G, 2A: Game 7 ’06 SCF vs EDM: 1G, 0A; Tonight: 2G, 0A.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) May 29, 2013
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)