May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
It feels hasty to praise a player too much for having a knack for Game 7 brilliance, yet Los Angeles Kings winger Justin Williams is making it tough to deny.
The 31-year-old forward scored the first two goals of Tuesday’s Game 7 match for the Kings against the San Jose Sharks. Here’s video of that dynamic duo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is Williams’ fourth career Game 7. He now has five goals (one in every single contest) and four assists for nine points in that span. His teams are 3-0 so far and he still has time to add to his dazzling totals.
Going bigger picture, the home team has won every game of this series and the same is true of the squad that scores first. Those numbers don’t bode well for the Sharks, yet as of this moment, they face a feasible margin of 2-0.
It could have been worse, too, as Antti Niemi made a brilliant save to keep Williams from a natural hat trick.
Update: The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti collects Williams’ Game 7 production in one easy Tweet:
Justin Williams: Game 7 ’03 ECQ w/PHI vsTOR: 1G, 2A ;Game 7 ’06 ECF w/CAR vs. BUF 1G, 2A: Game 7 ’06 SCF vs EDM: 1G, 0A; Tonight: 2G, 0A.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) May 29, 2013
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 64
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)