May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
It feels hasty to praise a player too much for having a knack for Game 7 brilliance, yet Los Angeles Kings winger Justin Williams is making it tough to deny.
The 31-year-old forward scored the first two goals of Tuesday’s Game 7 match for the Kings against the San Jose Sharks. Here’s video of that dynamic duo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is Williams’ fourth career Game 7. He now has five goals (one in every single contest) and four assists for nine points in that span. His teams are 3-0 so far and he still has time to add to his dazzling totals.
Going bigger picture, the home team has won every game of this series and the same is true of the squad that scores first. Those numbers don’t bode well for the Sharks, yet as of this moment, they face a feasible margin of 2-0.
It could have been worse, too, as Antti Niemi made a brilliant save to keep Williams from a natural hat trick.
Update: The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti collects Williams’ Game 7 production in one easy Tweet:
Justin Williams: Game 7 ’03 ECQ w/PHI vsTOR: 1G, 2A ;Game 7 ’06 ECF w/CAR vs. BUF 1G, 2A: Game 7 ’06 SCF vs EDM: 1G, 0A; Tonight: 2G, 0A.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) May 29, 2013
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)