May 28, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
It feels hasty to praise a player too much for having a knack for Game 7 brilliance, yet Los Angeles Kings winger Justin Williams is making it tough to deny.
The 31-year-old forward scored the first two goals of Tuesday’s Game 7 match for the Kings against the San Jose Sharks. Here’s video of that dynamic duo:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is Williams’ fourth career Game 7. He now has five goals (one in every single contest) and four assists for nine points in that span. His teams are 3-0 so far and he still has time to add to his dazzling totals.
Going bigger picture, the home team has won every game of this series and the same is true of the squad that scores first. Those numbers don’t bode well for the Sharks, yet as of this moment, they face a feasible margin of 2-0.
It could have been worse, too, as Antti Niemi made a brilliant save to keep Williams from a natural hat trick.
Update: The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti collects Williams’ Game 7 production in one easy Tweet:
Justin Williams: Game 7 ’03 ECQ w/PHI vsTOR: 1G, 2A ;Game 7 ’06 ECF w/CAR vs. BUF 1G, 2A: Game 7 ’06 SCF vs EDM: 1G, 0A; Tonight: 2G, 0A.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) May 29, 2013
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 22
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5