May 28, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
A perfect save highlight revolves around a goalie foiling an ideal shot attempt by a player.
When you consider the lack of space and incredible intensity of a Game 7, it’s not often going to be like that. You can blame Joe Pavelski for not raising the puck* or say that Jonathan Quick‘s glove was merely at the right place at the right time, but the bottom line is that this is still a jaw-dropping moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That’s the kind of save that can win you Conn Smythe trophies. The Kings held on to win 2-1, so maybe that save will be the go-to highlight.
* – Easier said than done, by the way.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5