May 28, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
A perfect save highlight revolves around a goalie foiling an ideal shot attempt by a player.
When you consider the lack of space and incredible intensity of a Game 7, it’s not often going to be like that. You can blame Joe Pavelski for not raising the puck* or say that Jonathan Quick‘s glove was merely at the right place at the right time, but the bottom line is that this is still a jaw-dropping moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That’s the kind of save that can win you Conn Smythe trophies. The Kings held on to win 2-1, so maybe that save will be the go-to highlight.
* – Easier said than done, by the way.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 25
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)