May 28, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
A perfect save highlight revolves around a goalie foiling an ideal shot attempt by a player.
When you consider the lack of space and incredible intensity of a Game 7, it’s not often going to be like that. You can blame Joe Pavelski for not raising the puck* or say that Jonathan Quick‘s glove was merely at the right place at the right time, but the bottom line is that this is still a jaw-dropping moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That’s the kind of save that can win you Conn Smythe trophies. The Kings held on to win 2-1, so maybe that save will be the go-to highlight.
* – Easier said than done, by the way.
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 1
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)