May 28, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
A perfect save highlight revolves around a goalie foiling an ideal shot attempt by a player.
When you consider the lack of space and incredible intensity of a Game 7, it’s not often going to be like that. You can blame Joe Pavelski for not raising the puck* or say that Jonathan Quick‘s glove was merely at the right place at the right time, but the bottom line is that this is still a jaw-dropping moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That’s the kind of save that can win you Conn Smythe trophies. The Kings held on to win 2-1, so maybe that save will be the go-to highlight.
* – Easier said than done, by the way.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)