May 28, 2013, 11:52 PM EST
A perfect save highlight revolves around a goalie foiling an ideal shot attempt by a player.
When you consider the lack of space and incredible intensity of a Game 7, it’s not often going to be like that. You can blame Joe Pavelski for not raising the puck* or say that Jonathan Quick‘s glove was merely at the right place at the right time, but the bottom line is that this is still a jaw-dropping moment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That’s the kind of save that can win you Conn Smythe trophies. The Kings held on to win 2-1, so maybe that save will be the go-to highlight.
* – Easier said than done, by the way.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28