May 28, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Justin Williams scored two big goals in quick succession in Game 7 against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but the score could have been a lot uglier if Antti Niemi didn’t manage some tough stops versus the Los Angeles Kings.
It’s tough to pick the best one, but narrative-wise, it’s a lot easier to point to Niemi stopping Williams’ from getting a hat trick in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Of course, Williams still has the final frame to make some hats fly. Tune in to NBC Sports Network as this elimination game winds down.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 0
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)