May 28, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Justin Williams scored two big goals in quick succession in Game 7 against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but the score could have been a lot uglier if Antti Niemi didn’t manage some tough stops versus the Los Angeles Kings.
It’s tough to pick the best one, but narrative-wise, it’s a lot easier to point to Niemi stopping Williams’ from getting a hat trick in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Of course, Williams still has the final frame to make some hats fly. Tune in to NBC Sports Network as this elimination game winds down.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)