May 28, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
Justin Williams scored two big goals in quick succession in Game 7 against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but the score could have been a lot uglier if Antti Niemi didn’t manage some tough stops versus the Los Angeles Kings.
It’s tough to pick the best one, but narrative-wise, it’s a lot easier to point to Niemi stopping Williams’ from getting a hat trick in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Of course, Williams still has the final frame to make some hats fly. Tune in to NBC Sports Network as this elimination game winds down.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)