May 28, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
Justin Williams scored two big goals in quick succession in Game 7 against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but the score could have been a lot uglier if Antti Niemi didn’t manage some tough stops versus the Los Angeles Kings.
It’s tough to pick the best one, but narrative-wise, it’s a lot easier to point to Niemi stopping Williams’ from getting a hat trick in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Of course, Williams still has the final frame to make some hats fly. Tune in to NBC Sports Network as this elimination game winds down.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)