May 28, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Justin Williams scored two big goals in quick succession in Game 7 against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but the score could have been a lot uglier if Antti Niemi didn’t manage some tough stops versus the Los Angeles Kings.
It’s tough to pick the best one, but narrative-wise, it’s a lot easier to point to Niemi stopping Williams’ from getting a hat trick in the second period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Of course, Williams still has the final frame to make some hats fly. Tune in to NBC Sports Network as this elimination game winds down.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54