May 28, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like San Jose is going with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach tonight.
Head coach Todd McLellan said he liked what he saw from his Game 6 lineup — the one that earned a 2-1 victory and forced Game 7 — and didn’t appear ready to switch things up.
“The adjustments the players made, give them credit for that,” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. “They were much sharper, they executed better, they were hungrier to execute and make plays, and I hope they expect that from each other again.”
The big change in Game 6 was Adam Burish, who came in and made his series debut after breaking his hand in the opening round against Vancouver.
He, along with Andrew Desjardins and Bracken Kearns, gave the Sharks plenty of energy — something defenseman Jason Demers failed to do when he played Game 5 as a forward and logged just 3:47 of ice time.
The Burish-Desjardins-Kearns line combined for four hits and six shots on goal with Burish going a perfect 4-for-4 in the faceoff circle.
Demers figures to be the odd man out tonight along with Tim Kennedy, who played Games 2 and 4 of the series.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (42)