May 28, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like San Jose is going with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach tonight.
Head coach Todd McLellan said he liked what he saw from his Game 6 lineup — the one that earned a 2-1 victory and forced Game 7 — and didn’t appear ready to switch things up.
“The adjustments the players made, give them credit for that,” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. “They were much sharper, they executed better, they were hungrier to execute and make plays, and I hope they expect that from each other again.”
The big change in Game 6 was Adam Burish, who came in and made his series debut after breaking his hand in the opening round against Vancouver.
He, along with Andrew Desjardins and Bracken Kearns, gave the Sharks plenty of energy — something defenseman Jason Demers failed to do when he played Game 5 as a forward and logged just 3:47 of ice time.
The Burish-Desjardins-Kearns line combined for four hits and six shots on goal with Burish going a perfect 4-for-4 in the faceoff circle.
Demers figures to be the odd man out tonight along with Tim Kennedy, who played Games 2 and 4 of the series.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)