May 28, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like San Jose is going with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach tonight.
Head coach Todd McLellan said he liked what he saw from his Game 6 lineup — the one that earned a 2-1 victory and forced Game 7 — and didn’t appear ready to switch things up.
“The adjustments the players made, give them credit for that,” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. “They were much sharper, they executed better, they were hungrier to execute and make plays, and I hope they expect that from each other again.”
The big change in Game 6 was Adam Burish, who came in and made his series debut after breaking his hand in the opening round against Vancouver.
He, along with Andrew Desjardins and Bracken Kearns, gave the Sharks plenty of energy — something defenseman Jason Demers failed to do when he played Game 5 as a forward and logged just 3:47 of ice time.
The Burish-Desjardins-Kearns line combined for four hits and six shots on goal with Burish going a perfect 4-for-4 in the faceoff circle.
Demers figures to be the odd man out tonight along with Tim Kennedy, who played Games 2 and 4 of the series.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)