May 28, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Sounds like San Jose is going with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach tonight.
Head coach Todd McLellan said he liked what he saw from his Game 6 lineup — the one that earned a 2-1 victory and forced Game 7 — and didn’t appear ready to switch things up.
“The adjustments the players made, give them credit for that,” McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. “They were much sharper, they executed better, they were hungrier to execute and make plays, and I hope they expect that from each other again.”
The big change in Game 6 was Adam Burish, who came in and made his series debut after breaking his hand in the opening round against Vancouver.
He, along with Andrew Desjardins and Bracken Kearns, gave the Sharks plenty of energy — something defenseman Jason Demers failed to do when he played Game 5 as a forward and logged just 3:47 of ice time.
The Burish-Desjardins-Kearns line combined for four hits and six shots on goal with Burish going a perfect 4-for-4 in the faceoff circle.
Demers figures to be the odd man out tonight along with Tim Kennedy, who played Games 2 and 4 of the series.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)