May 28, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Missing a Game 7 is a pretty clear sign that a player is genuinely injured.
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll spoke to Mayor’s Manor about how much it hurts to watch his team during the playoffs, a discomfort that’s likely to be more pronounced during Tuesday’s elimination contest against the San Jose Sharks.
“Yeah, I’m sure it will be,” Stoll said. “I hope we come out and play well, get the win, and move on from there. Yeah, they’re always tough to watch, especially an elimination game I think will be tough to watch. Like I said, hopefully we come out on the better end of it.”
The 30-year-old pivot indicated that he was worried about the literal pain of being in a playoff atmosphere earlier in the second-round series (considering his concussion symptoms), but expects to soak in the Game 7 environment at the Staples Center tonight.
One might find it interesting to note that Stoll is missing the remainder of this Western Conference semifinal series, just like Raffi Torres. Some – not Darryl Sutter – might see a fairness in this, although the defensive forward probably won’t want to hear that.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 3
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 8
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)