May 28, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Missing a Game 7 is a pretty clear sign that a player is genuinely injured.
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll spoke to Mayor’s Manor about how much it hurts to watch his team during the playoffs, a discomfort that’s likely to be more pronounced during Tuesday’s elimination contest against the San Jose Sharks.
“Yeah, I’m sure it will be,” Stoll said. “I hope we come out and play well, get the win, and move on from there. Yeah, they’re always tough to watch, especially an elimination game I think will be tough to watch. Like I said, hopefully we come out on the better end of it.”
The 30-year-old pivot indicated that he was worried about the literal pain of being in a playoff atmosphere earlier in the second-round series (considering his concussion symptoms), but expects to soak in the Game 7 environment at the Staples Center tonight.
One might find it interesting to note that Stoll is missing the remainder of this Western Conference semifinal series, just like Raffi Torres. Some – not Darryl Sutter – might see a fairness in this, although the defensive forward probably won’t want to hear that.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)