May 28, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Missing a Game 7 is a pretty clear sign that a player is genuinely injured.
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll spoke to Mayor’s Manor about how much it hurts to watch his team during the playoffs, a discomfort that’s likely to be more pronounced during Tuesday’s elimination contest against the San Jose Sharks.
“Yeah, I’m sure it will be,” Stoll said. “I hope we come out and play well, get the win, and move on from there. Yeah, they’re always tough to watch, especially an elimination game I think will be tough to watch. Like I said, hopefully we come out on the better end of it.”
The 30-year-old pivot indicated that he was worried about the literal pain of being in a playoff atmosphere earlier in the second-round series (considering his concussion symptoms), but expects to soak in the Game 7 environment at the Staples Center tonight.
One might find it interesting to note that Stoll is missing the remainder of this Western Conference semifinal series, just like Raffi Torres. Some – not Darryl Sutter – might see a fairness in this, although the defensive forward probably won’t want to hear that.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)