May 28, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Missing a Game 7 is a pretty clear sign that a player is genuinely injured.
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll spoke to Mayor’s Manor about how much it hurts to watch his team during the playoffs, a discomfort that’s likely to be more pronounced during Tuesday’s elimination contest against the San Jose Sharks.
“Yeah, I’m sure it will be,” Stoll said. “I hope we come out and play well, get the win, and move on from there. Yeah, they’re always tough to watch, especially an elimination game I think will be tough to watch. Like I said, hopefully we come out on the better end of it.”
The 30-year-old pivot indicated that he was worried about the literal pain of being in a playoff atmosphere earlier in the second-round series (considering his concussion symptoms), but expects to soak in the Game 7 environment at the Staples Center tonight.
One might find it interesting to note that Stoll is missing the remainder of this Western Conference semifinal series, just like Raffi Torres. Some – not Darryl Sutter – might see a fairness in this, although the defensive forward probably won’t want to hear that.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)