May 28, 2013, 7:48 PM EDT
Missing a Game 7 is a pretty clear sign that a player is genuinely injured.
Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll spoke to Mayor’s Manor about how much it hurts to watch his team during the playoffs, a discomfort that’s likely to be more pronounced during Tuesday’s elimination contest against the San Jose Sharks.
“Yeah, I’m sure it will be,” Stoll said. “I hope we come out and play well, get the win, and move on from there. Yeah, they’re always tough to watch, especially an elimination game I think will be tough to watch. Like I said, hopefully we come out on the better end of it.”
The 30-year-old pivot indicated that he was worried about the literal pain of being in a playoff atmosphere earlier in the second-round series (considering his concussion symptoms), but expects to soak in the Game 7 environment at the Staples Center tonight.
One might find it interesting to note that Stoll is missing the remainder of this Western Conference semifinal series, just like Raffi Torres. Some – not Darryl Sutter – might see a fairness in this, although the defensive forward probably won’t want to hear that.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 0
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 7
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)