May 28, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings added beef with Jordan Nolan for Tyler Toffoli in Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks. They’ve switched that decision for Tuesday’s Game 7, going with the 21-year-old forward instead, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz.
Neither one have made much of an impact in the playoffs.
Toffoli didn’t manage a shot on goal in his last appearance, receiving 10 shifts and just a touch more than seven minutes of ice time on May 23. Nolan put up virtually the same performance in Game 6, failing to get a SOG in 7:28 of ice time on 11 shifts.
Still, if you’re looking for a one-game performance, the odds are in favor of Toffoli.
While Nolan hasn’t scored in six postseason games and only had six points in 44 regular season contests, both of Toffoli’s two postseason points came against the Sharks and he had almost as many points (five) in just 10 regular season games. He also was nearly a point-per-game guy in the AHL, managing 51 points in 58 games with the Manchester Monarchs.
The odds aren’t too high that this will be a momentum-swinging change, yet the numbers say that the Kings are making the right move.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 43
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)