May 28, 2013, 9:13 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings added beef with Jordan Nolan for Tyler Toffoli in Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks. They’ve switched that decision for Tuesday’s Game 7, going with the 21-year-old forward instead, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz.
Neither one have made much of an impact in the playoffs.
Toffoli didn’t manage a shot on goal in his last appearance, receiving 10 shifts and just a touch more than seven minutes of ice time on May 23. Nolan put up virtually the same performance in Game 6, failing to get a SOG in 7:28 of ice time on 11 shifts.
Still, if you’re looking for a one-game performance, the odds are in favor of Toffoli.
While Nolan hasn’t scored in six postseason games and only had six points in 44 regular season contests, both of Toffoli’s two postseason points came against the Sharks and he had almost as many points (five) in just 10 regular season games. He also was nearly a point-per-game guy in the AHL, managing 51 points in 58 games with the Manchester Monarchs.
The odds aren’t too high that this will be a momentum-swinging change, yet the numbers say that the Kings are making the right move.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)