May 28, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings added beef with Jordan Nolan for Tyler Toffoli in Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks. They’ve switched that decision for Tuesday’s Game 7, going with the 21-year-old forward instead, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz.
Neither one have made much of an impact in the playoffs.
Toffoli didn’t manage a shot on goal in his last appearance, receiving 10 shifts and just a touch more than seven minutes of ice time on May 23. Nolan put up virtually the same performance in Game 6, failing to get a SOG in 7:28 of ice time on 11 shifts.
Still, if you’re looking for a one-game performance, the odds are in favor of Toffoli.
While Nolan hasn’t scored in six postseason games and only had six points in 44 regular season contests, both of Toffoli’s two postseason points came against the Sharks and he had almost as many points (five) in just 10 regular season games. He also was nearly a point-per-game guy in the AHL, managing 51 points in 58 games with the Manchester Monarchs.
The odds aren’t too high that this will be a momentum-swinging change, yet the numbers say that the Kings are making the right move.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 4
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 9
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 33
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)