May 28, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings added beef with Jordan Nolan for Tyler Toffoli in Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks. They’ve switched that decision for Tuesday’s Game 7, going with the 21-year-old forward instead, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz.
Neither one have made much of an impact in the playoffs.
Toffoli didn’t manage a shot on goal in his last appearance, receiving 10 shifts and just a touch more than seven minutes of ice time on May 23. Nolan put up virtually the same performance in Game 6, failing to get a SOG in 7:28 of ice time on 11 shifts.
Still, if you’re looking for a one-game performance, the odds are in favor of Toffoli.
While Nolan hasn’t scored in six postseason games and only had six points in 44 regular season contests, both of Toffoli’s two postseason points came against the Sharks and he had almost as many points (five) in just 10 regular season games. He also was nearly a point-per-game guy in the AHL, managing 51 points in 58 games with the Manchester Monarchs.
The odds aren’t too high that this will be a momentum-swinging change, yet the numbers say that the Kings are making the right move.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 3
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 13
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 16
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)