May 28, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings added beef with Jordan Nolan for Tyler Toffoli in Game 6 against the San Jose Sharks. They’ve switched that decision for Tuesday’s Game 7, going with the 21-year-old forward instead, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz.
Neither one have made much of an impact in the playoffs.
Toffoli didn’t manage a shot on goal in his last appearance, receiving 10 shifts and just a touch more than seven minutes of ice time on May 23. Nolan put up virtually the same performance in Game 6, failing to get a SOG in 7:28 of ice time on 11 shifts.
Still, if you’re looking for a one-game performance, the odds are in favor of Toffoli.
While Nolan hasn’t scored in six postseason games and only had six points in 44 regular season contests, both of Toffoli’s two postseason points came against the Sharks and he had almost as many points (five) in just 10 regular season games. He also was nearly a point-per-game guy in the AHL, managing 51 points in 58 games with the Manchester Monarchs.
The odds aren’t too high that this will be a momentum-swinging change, yet the numbers say that the Kings are making the right move.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)