May 28, 2013, 9:58 PM EST
If Jaromir Jagr plays in the 2013-14 season, he’ll be one of the NHL’s elder statesman at 42.*
To some, that statement strengthens the argument that the aging star might be enjoying his final postseason run. Especially since he hasn’t scored a goal in the Boston Bruins’ first 12 postseason games. His comments to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty makes it seem like he’ll play as long as people let him, though.
“If you love something then you want to be with it all the time,” Jagr said. “I love this game. As long as I can play it, I want to play.”
Scoring zero goals and four assists might hint that he can’t play any more, but the future Hall of Famer could probably attest that sometimes puck luck comes and goes.
Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma ranks among those who think that he can still play, as he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
“He definitely has got game,” Bylsma said. “He’s still a force down low, tough guy to take the puck off of. I don’t look at birth certificates.”
Feel free to insert your Donald Trump or Danny Almonte joke here.
* – His birthday is February 15.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)