May 28, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
If Jaromir Jagr plays in the 2013-14 season, he’ll be one of the NHL’s elder statesman at 42.*
To some, that statement strengthens the argument that the aging star might be enjoying his final postseason run. Especially since he hasn’t scored a goal in the Boston Bruins’ first 12 postseason games. His comments to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty makes it seem like he’ll play as long as people let him, though.
“If you love something then you want to be with it all the time,” Jagr said. “I love this game. As long as I can play it, I want to play.”
Scoring zero goals and four assists might hint that he can’t play any more, but the future Hall of Famer could probably attest that sometimes puck luck comes and goes.
Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma ranks among those who think that he can still play, as he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
“He definitely has got game,” Bylsma said. “He’s still a force down low, tough guy to take the puck off of. I don’t look at birth certificates.”
Feel free to insert your Donald Trump or Danny Almonte joke here.
* – His birthday is February 15.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)