May 28, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Well, that was something else.
The Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks engaged in a tight, high-level Game 7 on Tuesday, with the Kings winning it 2-1. Let’s discuss the contest.
- OK, which Jonathan Quick save was your favorite: his second-period stop against Logan Couture, that late jaw-dropper vs. Joe Pavelski or one of the other hold-your-breath numbers in the waning moments?
- Justin Williams is just unconscious in Game 7 matches. He’s good normally, but nine points in four of those situations is something else. Can the Kings find a way to hypnotize him into thinking every game is a Game 7?
- Antti Niemi deserves some serious credit for making big saves in his own right, despite the defeat.
- The Sharks on a whole really pushed the Kings. Was this the kind of effort that puts most of the “choking” talk to rest or will that never end unless they win a Stanley Cup? Is this the kind of output that might at least keep the major San Jose players employed or will some changes come anyway?
- Which team should the Kings worry about the most: the Chicago Blackhawks or the Detroit Red Wings? Which team would you like to see them face?
- Where does this series rank among your favorite 2013 postseason matchups?
- For no reason in particular, here are pictures of celebrities who were in attendance, via Getty Images:
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9