May 28, 2013, 11:48 PM EST
Well, that was something else.
The Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks engaged in a tight, high-level Game 7 on Tuesday, with the Kings winning it 2-1. Let’s discuss the contest.
- OK, which Jonathan Quick save was your favorite: his second-period stop against Logan Couture, that late jaw-dropper vs. Joe Pavelski or one of the other hold-your-breath numbers in the waning moments?
- Justin Williams is just unconscious in Game 7 matches. He’s good normally, but nine points in four of those situations is something else. Can the Kings find a way to hypnotize him into thinking every game is a Game 7?
- Antti Niemi deserves some serious credit for making big saves in his own right, despite the defeat.
- The Sharks on a whole really pushed the Kings. Was this the kind of effort that puts most of the “choking” talk to rest or will that never end unless they win a Stanley Cup? Is this the kind of output that might at least keep the major San Jose players employed or will some changes come anyway?
- Which team should the Kings worry about the most: the Chicago Blackhawks or the Detroit Red Wings? Which team would you like to see them face?
- Where does this series rank among your favorite 2013 postseason matchups?
- For no reason in particular, here are pictures of celebrities who were in attendance, via Getty Images:
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2