May 28, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Well, that was something else.
The Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks engaged in a tight, high-level Game 7 on Tuesday, with the Kings winning it 2-1. Let’s discuss the contest.
- OK, which Jonathan Quick save was your favorite: his second-period stop against Logan Couture, that late jaw-dropper vs. Joe Pavelski or one of the other hold-your-breath numbers in the waning moments?
- Justin Williams is just unconscious in Game 7 matches. He’s good normally, but nine points in four of those situations is something else. Can the Kings find a way to hypnotize him into thinking every game is a Game 7?
- Antti Niemi deserves some serious credit for making big saves in his own right, despite the defeat.
- The Sharks on a whole really pushed the Kings. Was this the kind of effort that puts most of the “choking” talk to rest or will that never end unless they win a Stanley Cup? Is this the kind of output that might at least keep the major San Jose players employed or will some changes come anyway?
- Which team should the Kings worry about the most: the Chicago Blackhawks or the Detroit Red Wings? Which team would you like to see them face?
- Where does this series rank among your favorite 2013 postseason matchups?
- For no reason in particular, here are pictures of celebrities who were in attendance, via Getty Images:
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)