May 28, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Chara is considered by many to be the best shutdown blue-liner in the game; Crosby is considered by most to be the best player in the game. Yet the Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa believes the big Slovak, along with Dennis Seidenberg, will be deployed against Pittsburgh’s “power line” of Evgeni Malkin, James Neal and Jarome Iginla.
Of course, there’s also the possibility B’s head coach Claude Julien could split up Chara and Seidenberg.
“Maybe it’s pairing, maybe it’s separating,” Julien said. “We’ll have something in mind by the time the first game comes around.”
Chara and Seidenberg were a pair Tuesday at practice.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25