May 27, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks jumped out to an early lead in Game 6 of their Western Conference semifinal against Detroit, thanks to their rejuvenated power play.
But with a minute to go in the frame, Detroit evened the score thanks to it’s fourth line.
That was the story after one period at Joe Louis Arena on Monday night.
First, Chicago. After going 0-for-8 with the man advantage in Games 2-4, the ‘Hawks went 2-for-3 in Game 5 and kept it rolling in Game 6 as Marian Hossa converted on the first PP opportunity of the game:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The play was temporarily under review to see if the net moorings had come off, but eventually ruled a good goal.
The goal was Hossa’s third power-play marker of the playoffs — he’s the only ‘Hawk with multiple PP goals — and his first goal of any kind since the opening game of this series.
Of note, Chicago is a perfect 4-0 this postseason when scoring at least one power play goal.
But with about one minute to go in the first, Patrick Eaves scored his first of the playoffs to knot the score at one:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Eaves hadn’t scored since the second-to-last game of the regular season — a 5-2 win over Nashville — and only had one point in the series thus far.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)