May 27, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have the Chicago Blackhawks on the ropes.
The Red Wings, with a win tonight, can eliminate the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners in the sixth game of the Western Conference semifinal. Joakim Andersson‘s long wrist shot that somehow eluded Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford just past the midway point of the second period gave the Red Wings a one-goal lead heading into the final 20 minutes of play.
The Blackhawks quickly tied the game at 2-2 thanks to a goal from Michal Handzus 51 seconds into the third period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36