May 27, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have the Chicago Blackhawks on the ropes.
The Red Wings, with a win tonight, can eliminate the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners in the sixth game of the Western Conference semifinal. Joakim Andersson‘s long wrist shot that somehow eluded Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford just past the midway point of the second period gave the Red Wings a one-goal lead heading into the final 20 minutes of play.
The Blackhawks quickly tied the game at 2-2 thanks to a goal from Michal Handzus 51 seconds into the third period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)