May 27, 2013, 10:06 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have the Chicago Blackhawks on the ropes.
The Red Wings, with a win tonight, can eliminate the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners in the sixth game of the Western Conference semifinal. Joakim Andersson‘s long wrist shot that somehow eluded Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford just past the midway point of the second period gave the Red Wings a one-goal lead heading into the final 20 minutes of play.
The Blackhawks quickly tied the game at 2-2 thanks to a goal from Michal Handzus 51 seconds into the third period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35