May 27, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have the Chicago Blackhawks on the ropes.
The Red Wings, with a win tonight, can eliminate the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners in the sixth game of the Western Conference semifinal. Joakim Andersson‘s long wrist shot that somehow eluded Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford just past the midway point of the second period gave the Red Wings a one-goal lead heading into the final 20 minutes of play.
The Blackhawks quickly tied the game at 2-2 thanks to a goal from Michal Handzus 51 seconds into the third period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7