May 27, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have the Chicago Blackhawks on the ropes.
The Red Wings, with a win tonight, can eliminate the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners in the sixth game of the Western Conference semifinal. Joakim Andersson‘s long wrist shot that somehow eluded Blackhawks’ goalie Corey Crawford just past the midway point of the second period gave the Red Wings a one-goal lead heading into the final 20 minutes of play.
The Blackhawks quickly tied the game at 2-2 thanks to a goal from Michal Handzus 51 seconds into the third period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5