May 27, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Back in March, the Ottawa Senators refused to say Jason Spezza had suffered a setback in his recovery from back surgery. The only thing the club would concede is that his recovery was taking longer than expected.
Well, as it turns out, Spezza suffered a torn meniscus in his knee while training. Hence, the delay in his return to action.
According to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes, Spezza will have his knee scoped shortly and should be fully healed in 2-3 weeks.
Spezza appeared in three playoff games versus the Penguins, registering a lone assist with six shots on goal.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21