May 27, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Back in March, the Ottawa Senators refused to say Jason Spezza had suffered a setback in his recovery from back surgery. The only thing the club would concede is that his recovery was taking longer than expected.
Well, as it turns out, Spezza suffered a torn meniscus in his knee while training. Hence, the delay in his return to action.
According to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes, Spezza will have his knee scoped shortly and should be fully healed in 2-3 weeks.
Spezza appeared in three playoff games versus the Penguins, registering a lone assist with six shots on goal.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62