May 27, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
‘‘It’s a comfortability we’ve had,’’ Seabrook told the Chicago Sun-Times. ‘‘We’ve played together for a lot of years. A lot of games. I know where he’s going to be. He knows where I’m going to be.
“It’s that comfortability that we have with each other.’’
The reunion might’ve been exactly what Seabrook needed to turn around his postseason.
He admittedly wasn’t happy with his performance in the opening round against Minnesota and looked lost at times during the first four games of the Western Conference semifinals.
His low point? Getting danced around by Gustav Nyqvist on this goal in Game 3:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Seabrook finished Game 3 with just over 17 minutes of ice time and was then essentially parked for Game 4, playing a playoff-low 12:03 (the only defenseman to play less was 22-year-old Nick Leddy).
Keith had been playing with Niklas Hjalmarsson for the majority of the playoffs but, with Seabrook struggling, Quenneville made the move to reunite a pairing that was instrumental during the 2010 Stanley Cup run.
‘‘You’ve got to commend Seabs,’’ Quenneville said. ‘‘I think he was excited about the opportunity and prepared himself well. They have such a great rapport — him and Duncs – in all areas of their lives.”
For one game, the move worked.
Seabrook was back to his usual minutes in Game 5 (23:20) while recording an assist, seven shots on goal and this big hit on Damien Brunner:
Seabrook and Keith will be back on a pairing tonight as the ‘Hawks look to stay alive in the series and force a Game 7.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)