May 27, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
‘‘It’s a comfortability we’ve had,’’ Seabrook told the Chicago Sun-Times. ‘‘We’ve played together for a lot of years. A lot of games. I know where he’s going to be. He knows where I’m going to be.
“It’s that comfortability that we have with each other.’’
The reunion might’ve been exactly what Seabrook needed to turn around his postseason.
He admittedly wasn’t happy with his performance in the opening round against Minnesota and looked lost at times during the first four games of the Western Conference semifinals.
His low point? Getting danced around by Gustav Nyqvist on this goal in Game 3:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Seabrook finished Game 3 with just over 17 minutes of ice time and was then essentially parked for Game 4, playing a playoff-low 12:03 (the only defenseman to play less was 22-year-old Nick Leddy).
Keith had been playing with Niklas Hjalmarsson for the majority of the playoffs but, with Seabrook struggling, Quenneville made the move to reunite a pairing that was instrumental during the 2010 Stanley Cup run.
‘‘You’ve got to commend Seabs,’’ Quenneville said. ‘‘I think he was excited about the opportunity and prepared himself well. They have such a great rapport — him and Duncs – in all areas of their lives.”
For one game, the move worked.
Seabrook was back to his usual minutes in Game 5 (23:20) while recording an assist, seven shots on goal and this big hit on Damien Brunner:
Seabrook and Keith will be back on a pairing tonight as the ‘Hawks look to stay alive in the series and force a Game 7.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5