May 27, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
‘‘It’s a comfortability we’ve had,’’ Seabrook told the Chicago Sun-Times. ‘‘We’ve played together for a lot of years. A lot of games. I know where he’s going to be. He knows where I’m going to be.
“It’s that comfortability that we have with each other.’’
The reunion might’ve been exactly what Seabrook needed to turn around his postseason.
He admittedly wasn’t happy with his performance in the opening round against Minnesota and looked lost at times during the first four games of the Western Conference semifinals.
His low point? Getting danced around by Gustav Nyqvist on this goal in Game 3:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Seabrook finished Game 3 with just over 17 minutes of ice time and was then essentially parked for Game 4, playing a playoff-low 12:03 (the only defenseman to play less was 22-year-old Nick Leddy).
Keith had been playing with Niklas Hjalmarsson for the majority of the playoffs but, with Seabrook struggling, Quenneville made the move to reunite a pairing that was instrumental during the 2010 Stanley Cup run.
‘‘You’ve got to commend Seabs,’’ Quenneville said. ‘‘I think he was excited about the opportunity and prepared himself well. They have such a great rapport — him and Duncs – in all areas of their lives.”
For one game, the move worked.
Seabrook was back to his usual minutes in Game 5 (23:20) while recording an assist, seven shots on goal and this big hit on Damien Brunner:
Seabrook and Keith will be back on a pairing tonight as the ‘Hawks look to stay alive in the series and force a Game 7.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)