May 27, 2013, 2:22 PM EST
‘‘It’s a comfortability we’ve had,’’ Seabrook told the Chicago Sun-Times. ‘‘We’ve played together for a lot of years. A lot of games. I know where he’s going to be. He knows where I’m going to be.
“It’s that comfortability that we have with each other.’’
The reunion might’ve been exactly what Seabrook needed to turn around his postseason.
He admittedly wasn’t happy with his performance in the opening round against Minnesota and looked lost at times during the first four games of the Western Conference semifinals.
His low point? Getting danced around by Gustav Nyqvist on this goal in Game 3:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Seabrook finished Game 3 with just over 17 minutes of ice time and was then essentially parked for Game 4, playing a playoff-low 12:03 (the only defenseman to play less was 22-year-old Nick Leddy).
Keith had been playing with Niklas Hjalmarsson for the majority of the playoffs but, with Seabrook struggling, Quenneville made the move to reunite a pairing that was instrumental during the 2010 Stanley Cup run.
‘‘You’ve got to commend Seabs,’’ Quenneville said. ‘‘I think he was excited about the opportunity and prepared himself well. They have such a great rapport — him and Duncs – in all areas of their lives.”
For one game, the move worked.
Seabrook was back to his usual minutes in Game 5 (23:20) while recording an assist, seven shots on goal and this big hit on Damien Brunner:
Seabrook and Keith will be back on a pairing tonight as the ‘Hawks look to stay alive in the series and force a Game 7.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)