May 26, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
Usually, it’s easy to tell when and how a player gets hurt, even if it’s unclear which part of their “upper” or “lower” body might have been impacted.
Every now and then, it’s a little harder to tell. Maybe it’s a matter of cramping, muscle spasms or another stealthier ailment.
Justin Braun suffered some mystery issue early in Sunday’s Game 6. It was bad enough that the 26-year-old defenseman needed help off the ice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To add more intrigue, he returned in the same opening frame. Perhaps it was a false alarm?
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 27
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)