May 26, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
Usually, it’s easy to tell when and how a player gets hurt, even if it’s unclear which part of their “upper” or “lower” body might have been impacted.
Every now and then, it’s a little harder to tell. Maybe it’s a matter of cramping, muscle spasms or another stealthier ailment.
Justin Braun suffered some mystery issue early in Sunday’s Game 6. It was bad enough that the 26-year-old defenseman needed help off the ice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To add more intrigue, he returned in the same opening frame. Perhaps it was a false alarm?
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)