May 26, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
Usually, it’s easy to tell when and how a player gets hurt, even if it’s unclear which part of their “upper” or “lower” body might have been impacted.
Every now and then, it’s a little harder to tell. Maybe it’s a matter of cramping, muscle spasms or another stealthier ailment.
Justin Braun suffered some mystery issue early in Sunday’s Game 6. It was bad enough that the 26-year-old defenseman needed help off the ice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To add more intrigue, he returned in the same opening frame. Perhaps it was a false alarm?
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)