May 26, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
Usually, it’s easy to tell when and how a player gets hurt, even if it’s unclear which part of their “upper” or “lower” body might have been impacted.
Every now and then, it’s a little harder to tell. Maybe it’s a matter of cramping, muscle spasms or another stealthier ailment.
Justin Braun suffered some mystery issue early in Sunday’s Game 6. It was bad enough that the 26-year-old defenseman needed help off the ice:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To add more intrigue, he returned in the same opening frame. Perhaps it was a false alarm?
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28