May 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
While there’s plenty of time for the luck to go the other way, the San Jose Sharks are getting the early bounces as they face elimination against the Los Angeles Kings in Game 6.
For one thing, Anze Kopitar sent a puck over the glass, opening the door for Joe Thornton to score a power-play goal when it was 5-on-3. If that wasn’t enough, the Kings hit four posts in the first period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To top things off, RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that the puck hit San Jose’s bench but play wasn’t stopped before T.J. Galiardi made it 2-0 in the middle frame.
(Oh, and Marc-Edouard Vlasic was cut on a high-stick so the Sharks received a four-minute power play midway through the game. That’s more of a bleed than a bounce, but still.)
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)