May 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
While there’s plenty of time for the luck to go the other way, the San Jose Sharks are getting the early bounces as they face elimination against the Los Angeles Kings in Game 6.
For one thing, Anze Kopitar sent a puck over the glass, opening the door for Joe Thornton to score a power-play goal when it was 5-on-3. If that wasn’t enough, the Kings hit four posts in the first period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To top things off, RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that the puck hit San Jose’s bench but play wasn’t stopped before T.J. Galiardi made it 2-0 in the middle frame.
(Oh, and Marc-Edouard Vlasic was cut on a high-stick so the Sharks received a four-minute power play midway through the game. That’s more of a bleed than a bounce, but still.)
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)