May 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
While there’s plenty of time for the luck to go the other way, the San Jose Sharks are getting the early bounces as they face elimination against the Los Angeles Kings in Game 6.
For one thing, Anze Kopitar sent a puck over the glass, opening the door for Joe Thornton to score a power-play goal when it was 5-on-3. If that wasn’t enough, the Kings hit four posts in the first period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To top things off, RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that the puck hit San Jose’s bench but play wasn’t stopped before T.J. Galiardi made it 2-0 in the middle frame.
(Oh, and Marc-Edouard Vlasic was cut on a high-stick so the Sharks received a four-minute power play midway through the game. That’s more of a bleed than a bounce, but still.)
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 6
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 8
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)