May 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
While there’s plenty of time for the luck to go the other way, the San Jose Sharks are getting the early bounces as they face elimination against the Los Angeles Kings in Game 6.
For one thing, Anze Kopitar sent a puck over the glass, opening the door for Joe Thornton to score a power-play goal when it was 5-on-3. If that wasn’t enough, the Kings hit four posts in the first period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
To top things off, RDS’ Renaud Lavoie believes that the puck hit San Jose’s bench but play wasn’t stopped before T.J. Galiardi made it 2-0 in the middle frame.
(Oh, and Marc-Edouard Vlasic was cut on a high-stick so the Sharks received a four-minute power play midway through the game. That’s more of a bleed than a bounce, but still.)
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)