May 26, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars will look different in 2013-14, whether their new logo was really leaked or not.
They’ll need a new head coach after recently hired GM Jim Nill let Glen Gulutzan go. While Nill noted that he would run a thorough search, it sounds like it’s heating up, as TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that they’ve already had Lindy Ruff in for a meeting and have made contact with Alain Vigneault.
The latter situation could open up the door for an unofficial coach trade of sorts, as Dreger reports that Gulutzan is among the “stable” of coaches that the Vancouver Canucks are considering as Vigneault’s replacement.
While the front office is experiencing some dynamic changes, it’s worth noting that core players Jamie Benn, Kari Lehtonen and Loui Eriksson are under contract next season, so the team’s next coach could be in a promising position.
Especially if ownership allows Nill to take advantage of almost $20 million in estimated cap space …
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22