May 26, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars will look different in 2013-14, whether their new logo was really leaked or not.
They’ll need a new head coach after recently hired GM Jim Nill let Glen Gulutzan go. While Nill noted that he would run a thorough search, it sounds like it’s heating up, as TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that they’ve already had Lindy Ruff in for a meeting and have made contact with Alain Vigneault.
The latter situation could open up the door for an unofficial coach trade of sorts, as Dreger reports that Gulutzan is among the “stable” of coaches that the Vancouver Canucks are considering as Vigneault’s replacement.
While the front office is experiencing some dynamic changes, it’s worth noting that core players Jamie Benn, Kari Lehtonen and Loui Eriksson are under contract next season, so the team’s next coach could be in a promising position.
Especially if ownership allows Nill to take advantage of almost $20 million in estimated cap space …
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38