May 26, 2013, 8:44 PM EST
The Dallas Stars will look different in 2013-14, whether their new logo was really leaked or not.
They’ll need a new head coach after recently hired GM Jim Nill let Glen Gulutzan go. While Nill noted that he would run a thorough search, it sounds like it’s heating up, as TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that they’ve already had Lindy Ruff in for a meeting and have made contact with Alain Vigneault.
The latter situation could open up the door for an unofficial coach trade of sorts, as Dreger reports that Gulutzan is among the “stable” of coaches that the Vancouver Canucks are considering as Vigneault’s replacement.
While the front office is experiencing some dynamic changes, it’s worth noting that core players Jamie Benn, Kari Lehtonen and Loui Eriksson are under contract next season, so the team’s next coach could be in a promising position.
Especially if ownership allows Nill to take advantage of almost $20 million in estimated cap space …
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)