May 26, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars will look different in 2013-14, whether their new logo was really leaked or not.
They’ll need a new head coach after recently hired GM Jim Nill let Glen Gulutzan go. While Nill noted that he would run a thorough search, it sounds like it’s heating up, as TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that they’ve already had Lindy Ruff in for a meeting and have made contact with Alain Vigneault.
The latter situation could open up the door for an unofficial coach trade of sorts, as Dreger reports that Gulutzan is among the “stable” of coaches that the Vancouver Canucks are considering as Vigneault’s replacement.
While the front office is experiencing some dynamic changes, it’s worth noting that core players Jamie Benn, Kari Lehtonen and Loui Eriksson are under contract next season, so the team’s next coach could be in a promising position.
Especially if ownership allows Nill to take advantage of almost $20 million in estimated cap space …
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7