May 26, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
It’s down to the Western Conference to figure out their business and one half of the Conference finals party could be settled tonight. Dig in gang, it’ll be a good one.
Game 6: San Jose Sharks host Los Angeles Kings (8 p.m. ET, NBCSN/Live Extra)
Los Angeles leads series 3-2
The one question heading into tonight’s game that stands out is whether or not the home team can keep winning. Neither team has won on the road in this series and the Sharks are certainly hoping that holds true or else tonight is it for them. Fortunately for San Jose, the Kings have stunk at the Shark Tank.
In their last seven games in San Jose, the Kings are 0-4-3 including two 2-1 losses in Games 3 and 4. If there’s a silver lining there for L.A. it’s that the games have been that close, meaning things can turn on a dime for them with the proper bounces. Having that happen and actually playing well enough to do it are two entirely different things.
Seeing how the Sharks have played at home makes you wonder what’s in the water that makes their game so much better. Maybe it’s just their power play.
San Jose is 3-9 on the man-advantage at home in this series and considering they’ve only had four goals in those two games, their loaded power play is the key. Their top unit with Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Logan Couture, Dan Boyle, and Joe Pavelski is formidable on anyone’s ice, but even more so on their own.
Perhaps the Kings’ best move to try and win on the road is to play it cool and play it smart and not get caught up in any antics that lead to penalties. The Sharks will do their part to make sure they’re goaded properly. Look for guys like Dustin Brown and Mike Richards to be factors there.
Aug 1, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Lehtonen and Niemi will account for $10.4 million in cap space next season.
Aug 1, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
He’s heading into the final year of his two-year, $5 million deal.
Aug 1, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Winnipeg was affiliated with the Ontario Reign last season.
Aug 1, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He signed a two-year, bridge contract worth $5.6 million on Thursday.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
He’s also a veteran of 616 career games.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
That’s close to the middle between his and Washington’s requests.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The decision surprised Arizona’s general manager.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The defenseman spent the 2014-15 campaign in the Swiss League.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He considers himself a “young 29.”
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Ray Shero’s restructure continues.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)