May 26, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Detroit’s 4-1 loss in Game 5 to Chicago helped send the series back to Michigan for Game 6. Red Wings forward Dan Cleary scored their lone goal last night and provided us all with the clarity we needed about this series following the game.
Cleary told reporters afterwards, as Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times shared, ”Whoever thought this was going to end in five games is crazy.”
Well that’s a bit of a stinger for any overly optimistic Wings fans/direly pessimistic ‘Hawks fans. It’s tough to imagine anyone thought Chicago would pull a full no-show in Game 5 and have the Red Wings end their rivalry celebrating at United Center.
That said, five out of six of us here at PHT did have it going just five games… With Chicago coming out on top. Detroit can make us all look like dummies by pulling things out on Monday night at home.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)