May 26, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Detroit’s 4-1 loss in Game 5 to Chicago helped send the series back to Michigan for Game 6. Red Wings forward Dan Cleary scored their lone goal last night and provided us all with the clarity we needed about this series following the game.
Cleary told reporters afterwards, as Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times shared, “Whoever thought this was going to end in five games is crazy.”
Well that’s a bit of a stinger for any overly optimistic Wings fans/direly pessimistic ‘Hawks fans. It’s tough to imagine anyone thought Chicago would pull a full no-show in Game 5 and have the Red Wings end their rivalry celebrating at United Center.
That said, five out of six of us here at PHT did have it going just five games… With Chicago coming out on top. Detroit can make us all look like dummies by pulling things out on Monday night at home.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5