May 26, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Detroit’s 4-1 loss in Game 5 to Chicago helped send the series back to Michigan for Game 6. Red Wings forward Dan Cleary scored their lone goal last night and provided us all with the clarity we needed about this series following the game.
Cleary told reporters afterwards, as Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times shared, “Whoever thought this was going to end in five games is crazy.”
Well that’s a bit of a stinger for any overly optimistic Wings fans/direly pessimistic ‘Hawks fans. It’s tough to imagine anyone thought Chicago would pull a full no-show in Game 5 and have the Red Wings end their rivalry celebrating at United Center.
That said, five out of six of us here at PHT did have it going just five games… With Chicago coming out on top. Detroit can make us all look like dummies by pulling things out on Monday night at home.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54