May 26, 2013, 11:31 AM EST
Detroit’s 4-1 loss in Game 5 to Chicago helped send the series back to Michigan for Game 6. Red Wings forward Dan Cleary scored their lone goal last night and provided us all with the clarity we needed about this series following the game.
Cleary told reporters afterwards, as Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times shared, ”Whoever thought this was going to end in five games is crazy.”
Well that’s a bit of a stinger for any overly optimistic Wings fans/direly pessimistic ‘Hawks fans. It’s tough to imagine anyone thought Chicago would pull a full no-show in Game 5 and have the Red Wings end their rivalry celebrating at United Center.
That said, five out of six of us here at PHT did have it going just five games… With Chicago coming out on top. Detroit can make us all look like dummies by pulling things out on Monday night at home.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)