May 26, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
“The plan is I’m going to play. Unless something changes, or if I eat some bad chicken, I’ll be good to go,” Burish said.
(That would be a pretty good zinger if this second-round series was taking place against Craig Anderson and the Ottawa Senators instead. Or if he made a pancake joke toward the Kings.)
Some might wonder why it’s so big of a deal to add the 30-year-old back into the lineup since he hasn’t managed a single point in the playoffs and just three in 46 regular season contests. Sharks head coach Todd McLellan considers him a key penalty killer along with Andrew Desjardins, though.
“I think that Adam and Desi (as a pair) have been two of our better penalty killers throughout the year,” McLellan said. “We’ve been automatically able to go to that pair at any given time. He’s a right handed guy in the faceoff circle which helps take some of the pressure off of Joe Pavelski, and some of the minutes off him in that situation.
“He’s a veteran player that has won a Stanley Cup and played in this situation before. That fourth line hasn’t had that type of presence in this series yet. He can help the other two getting through some of those moments.”
Burish said he’s excited to do so.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 1
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)