May 26, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
“The plan is I’m going to play. Unless something changes, or if I eat some bad chicken, I’ll be good to go,” Burish said.
(That would be a pretty good zinger if this second-round series was taking place against Craig Anderson and the Ottawa Senators instead. Or if he made a pancake joke toward the Kings.)
Some might wonder why it’s so big of a deal to add the 30-year-old back into the lineup since he hasn’t managed a single point in the playoffs and just three in 46 regular season contests. Sharks head coach Todd McLellan considers him a key penalty killer along with Andrew Desjardins, though.
“I think that Adam and Desi (as a pair) have been two of our better penalty killers throughout the year,” McLellan said. “We’ve been automatically able to go to that pair at any given time. He’s a right handed guy in the faceoff circle which helps take some of the pressure off of Joe Pavelski, and some of the minutes off him in that situation.
“He’s a veteran player that has won a Stanley Cup and played in this situation before. That fourth line hasn’t had that type of presence in this series yet. He can help the other two getting through some of those moments.”
Burish said he’s excited to do so.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)