May 26, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
“The plan is I’m going to play. Unless something changes, or if I eat some bad chicken, I’ll be good to go,” Burish said.
(That would be a pretty good zinger if this second-round series was taking place against Craig Anderson and the Ottawa Senators instead. Or if he made a pancake joke toward the Kings.)
Some might wonder why it’s so big of a deal to add the 30-year-old back into the lineup since he hasn’t managed a single point in the playoffs and just three in 46 regular season contests. Sharks head coach Todd McLellan considers him a key penalty killer along with Andrew Desjardins, though.
“I think that Adam and Desi (as a pair) have been two of our better penalty killers throughout the year,” McLellan said. “We’ve been automatically able to go to that pair at any given time. He’s a right handed guy in the faceoff circle which helps take some of the pressure off of Joe Pavelski, and some of the minutes off him in that situation.
“He’s a veteran player that has won a Stanley Cup and played in this situation before. That fourth line hasn’t had that type of presence in this series yet. He can help the other two getting through some of those moments.”
Burish said he’s excited to do so.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)