May 26, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
“The plan is I’m going to play. Unless something changes, or if I eat some bad chicken, I’ll be good to go,” Burish said.
(That would be a pretty good zinger if this second-round series was taking place against Craig Anderson and the Ottawa Senators instead. Or if he made a pancake joke toward the Kings.)
Some might wonder why it’s so big of a deal to add the 30-year-old back into the lineup since he hasn’t managed a single point in the playoffs and just three in 46 regular season contests. Sharks head coach Todd McLellan considers him a key penalty killer along with Andrew Desjardins, though.
“I think that Adam and Desi (as a pair) have been two of our better penalty killers throughout the year,” McLellan said. “We’ve been automatically able to go to that pair at any given time. He’s a right handed guy in the faceoff circle which helps take some of the pressure off of Joe Pavelski, and some of the minutes off him in that situation.
“He’s a veteran player that has won a Stanley Cup and played in this situation before. That fourth line hasn’t had that type of presence in this series yet. He can help the other two getting through some of those moments.”
Burish said he’s excited to do so.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)