May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins are red hot. So, too, is James Neal.
The Penguins’ forward recorded the hat trick Friday in a 6-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal. For the Penguins, it’s off to the conference final, where they will play either the Boston Bruins or New York Rangers.
Neal now has five goals in his last two games. Prior to Game 4 of this series, Neal had gone five games without a goal. The Penguins have scored 13 times in the last two games.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)