May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins are red hot. So, too, is James Neal.
The Penguins’ forward recorded the hat trick Friday in a 6-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal. For the Penguins, it’s off to the conference final, where they will play either the Boston Bruins or New York Rangers.
Neal now has five goals in his last two games. Prior to Game 4 of this series, Neal had gone five games without a goal. The Penguins have scored 13 times in the last two games.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 35
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28