May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins are red hot. So, too, is James Neal.
The Penguins’ forward recorded the hat trick Friday in a 6-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal. For the Penguins, it’s off to the conference final, where they will play either the Boston Bruins or New York Rangers.
Neal now has five goals in his last two games. Prior to Game 4 of this series, Neal had gone five games without a goal. The Penguins have scored 13 times in the last two games.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 8
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 38
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)