May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins are red hot. So, too, is James Neal.
The Penguins’ forward recorded the hat trick Friday in a 6-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal. For the Penguins, it’s off to the conference final, where they will play either the Boston Bruins or New York Rangers.
Neal now has five goals in his last two games. Prior to Game 4 of this series, Neal had gone five games without a goal. The Penguins have scored 13 times in the last two games.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)