May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins are red hot. So, too, is James Neal.
The Penguins’ forward recorded the hat trick Friday in a 6-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinal. For the Penguins, it’s off to the conference final, where they will play either the Boston Bruins or New York Rangers.
Neal now has five goals in his last two games. Prior to Game 4 of this series, Neal had gone five games without a goal. The Penguins have scored 13 times in the last two games.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)