May 25, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
It’s one of the simplest observations one can make about playoff hockey, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong: goaltending is often the biggest difference-maker.
Henrik Lundqvist often keeps the New York Rangers in games and wins a few for them, even though his squads haven’t made their way to the Stanley Cup finals yet. He’s proving a tough out for the Boston Bruins; just ask Milan Lucic, who was absolutely robbed on this fantastic chance:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63