May 25, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
It’s one of the simplest observations one can make about playoff hockey, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong: goaltending is often the biggest difference-maker.
Henrik Lundqvist often keeps the New York Rangers in games and wins a few for them, even though his squads haven’t made their way to the Stanley Cup finals yet. He’s proving a tough out for the Boston Bruins; just ask Milan Lucic, who was absolutely robbed on this fantastic chance:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7