May 25, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
It’s one of the simplest observations one can make about playoff hockey, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong: goaltending is often the biggest difference-maker.
Henrik Lundqvist often keeps the New York Rangers in games and wins a few for them, even though his squads haven’t made their way to the Stanley Cup finals yet. He’s proving a tough out for the Boston Bruins; just ask Milan Lucic, who was absolutely robbed on this fantastic chance:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2