May 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings don’t have Nicklas Lidstrom any longer, but they still boast some big names such as Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk. It might be time to add goalie Jimmy Howard‘s name to that list.
Howard and his rival goalie Corey Crawford made some big stops in the middle frame of Game 5, as you can see in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That stop on Brandon Saad was especially impressive.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)