May 25, 2013, 7:07 PM EST
Visors might help to reduce the risk of facial injuries, yet guys like Sidney Crosby can attest that you can still take a puck to the kisser. A deflected shot (and maybe even a glove/stick at some other point?) caught Derek Stepan in the face in Game 5, yet he was back out in the opening frame on Saturday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Again, the “hockey is tough” motto isn’t really lost on “finesse” guys either, it seems.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 5
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8