May 25, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
Visors might help to reduce the risk of facial injuries, yet guys like Sidney Crosby can attest that you can still take a puck to the kisser. A deflected shot (and maybe even a glove/stick at some other point?) caught Derek Stepan in the face in Game 5, yet he was back out in the opening frame on Saturday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Again, the “hockey is tough” motto isn’t really lost on “finesse” guys either, it seems.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18