May 25, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
Instead of writing paragraph after paragraph about Jonathan Toews‘ struggles, this photo from Game 4 probably told the greatest story from the Chicago Blackhawks captain’s frustrations:
That’s just one of the sad Toews face shots (this one via Getty) that some delighted in passing around on the Internet. The 25-year-old star finally broke through for his first goal in Game 5 and Bryan Bickell told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that it was easy to notice the difference.
“It’s nice to a smile on his face instead of that frown,” Bickell said.
“Captain Serious” did indeed seem seriously relieved on Saturday.
“Just goes to show if you get excited and have that positive feeling in your locker room and on the bench, hey, anything can happen,” Toews said. ”It builds your confidence, I don’t care who you are. When you see it go in, you feel like you can do it again.”
A confident Blackhawks team is probably the last thing the Detroit Red Wings wanted to see, so winning Game 6 just got that much more important.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 5
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 5
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 33
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 46
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (46)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)