May 25, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
Instead of writing paragraph after paragraph about Jonathan Toews‘ struggles, this photo from Game 4 probably told the greatest story from the Chicago Blackhawks captain’s frustrations:
That’s just one of the sad Toews face shots (this one via Getty) that some delighted in passing around on the Internet. The 25-year-old star finally broke through for his first goal in Game 5 and Bryan Bickell told the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus that it was easy to notice the difference.
“It’s nice to a smile on his face instead of that frown,” Bickell said.
“Captain Serious” did indeed seem seriously relieved on Saturday.
“Just goes to show if you get excited and have that positive feeling in your locker room and on the bench, hey, anything can happen,” Toews said. “It builds your confidence, I don’t care who you are. When you see it go in, you feel like you can do it again.”
A confident Blackhawks team is probably the last thing the Detroit Red Wings wanted to see, so winning Game 6 just got that much more important.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)