May 25, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
The New York Rangers put up a decent fight, but the Boston Bruins made good on their second opportunity to finish off their second-round series by winning Game 5 by a score of 3-1. Let’s chat it out.
- How frustrated do you think Henrik Lundqvist is right now, on a scale of 1-10? Does he just remind himself that he’s Henrik Lundqvist and then he feels a lot better?
- Milan Lucic created several opportunities but Lundqvist stopped him. Could he be a big difference-maker against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals?
- Torey Krug became the first rookie defenseman to score four goals in his first five playoff games. Is he for real? Can he at least keep his hot streak going for the rest of the postseason?
- If David Krejci looks a little “slow” later on in the playoffs, this Getty Images catch should probably be the first thing people use to defend him:
- Brad Richards was a healthy scratch for his second consecutive game. Should he have played tonight? Was it wise to scratch him in general?
- Speaking of Rangers lineup moves that some question, would it have been better for John Tortorella to tab someone other than Roman Hamrlik? The aging veteran warmed the bench for most of Game 5.
- Should Tortorella worry about his job security?
- Do you classify this as a disappointing season for the Rangers or did people simply have expectations that were too high for this bunch?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5