May 25, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
The New York Rangers put up a decent fight, but the Boston Bruins made good on their second opportunity to finish off their second-round series by winning Game 5 by a score of 3-1. Let’s chat it out.
- How frustrated do you think Henrik Lundqvist is right now, on a scale of 1-10? Does he just remind himself that he’s Henrik Lundqvist and then he feels a lot better?
- Milan Lucic created several opportunities but Lundqvist stopped him. Could he be a big difference-maker against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals?
- Torey Krug became the first rookie defenseman to score four goals in his first five playoff games. Is he for real? Can he at least keep his hot streak going for the rest of the postseason?
- If David Krejci looks a little “slow” later on in the playoffs, this Getty Images catch should probably be the first thing people use to defend him:
- Brad Richards was a healthy scratch for his second consecutive game. Should he have played tonight? Was it wise to scratch him in general?
- Speaking of Rangers lineup moves that some question, would it have been better for John Tortorella to tab someone other than Roman Hamrlik? The aging veteran warmed the bench for most of Game 5.
- Should Tortorella worry about his job security?
- Do you classify this as a disappointing season for the Rangers or did people simply have expectations that were too high for this bunch?
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)