May 25, 2013, 8:14 PM EST
The New York Rangers put up a decent fight, but the Boston Bruins made good on their second opportunity to finish off their second-round series by winning Game 5 by a score of 3-1. Let’s chat it out.
- How frustrated do you think Henrik Lundqvist is right now, on a scale of 1-10? Does he just remind himself that he’s Henrik Lundqvist and then he feels a lot better?
- Milan Lucic created several opportunities but Lundqvist stopped him. Could he be a big difference-maker against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals?
- Torey Krug became the first rookie defenseman to score four goals in his first five playoff games. Is he for real? Can he at least keep his hot streak going for the rest of the postseason?
- If David Krejci looks a little “slow” later on in the playoffs, this Getty Images catch should probably be the first thing people use to defend him:
- Brad Richards was a healthy scratch for his second consecutive game. Should he have played tonight? Was it wise to scratch him in general?
- Speaking of Rangers lineup moves that some question, would it have been better for John Tortorella to tab someone other than Roman Hamrlik? The aging veteran warmed the bench for most of Game 5.
- Should Tortorella worry about his job security?
- Do you classify this as a disappointing season for the Rangers or did people simply have expectations that were too high for this bunch?
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 3
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 68
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 70
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (73)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (72)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (72)