May 25, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
After hitting their biggest wall of 2013 at an inopportune time, the Chicago Blackhawks sure looked like the NHL’s top team in Game 5 on Saturday, as they overwhelmed the Detroit Red Wings 4-1.
Let’s chat about the contest.
- The 45-25 shot differential might be a little misleading, as it was just 28-22 in favor of Chicago going into the third. Was the game as lopsided as the 4-1 score implies?
- It’s obviously “a series again,” to use typical sports terminology. While it’s not literally the case, should the Red Wings look at a Game 6 in Joe Louis Arena as a “must-win”?
- Jonathan Toews finally found the net for his first goal of the postseason. Is he primed for a big finish to this series?
- Brent Seabrook looked much better in Game 5 after finding himself in the doghouse in Game 4. Does he have his game back together?
- Jimmy Howard was excellent, yet the Blackhawks eventually overwhelmed him and the rest of the Red Wings. Can he steal one more for Detroit or is he out of magic?
- What kind of game do you expect on Monday? Will it be a tight, defensive-minded affair or could it be a high-scoring contest?
- Most importantly, of course: will we hear “Chelsea Dagger” again during this postseason? That goal song never gets old.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)