May 25, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
One thing we know about Shawn Thornton is that he’s very capable of taking care of himself in a fight. We now also know he won’t just drop his gloves at any time.
Thornton met with reporters this afternoon ahead of tonight’s Game 5 against the Rangers and said he had the chance to fight Kris Newbury in Game 4, but opted to keep his gloves on instead. Why? The Bruins had just gone up 2-0 and there was no need to fire up the Rangers with a fight.
Don’t worry, Thornton will throw down if he has to as Dan Rosen of NHL.com shared.
“I’ll get ’em (the gloves) off, I don’t care,” Thornton said. “If people are taking liberties… It doesn’t mean those things (gloves) are sewn onto our sleeves.”
It’s probably wise for any and all of the Rangers to steer clear of Thornton as he’s as tough as they come. Then again, Rangers players have to be as smart as he is should they find themselves up and the Bruins in need of a spark.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)