May 25, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this before: An NHL player believes Boston’s Brad Marchand doesn’t play with respect for his opponents.
All right, you’re trying to stop us but we’ll keep going. This time around it’s Rangers forward Derick Brassard sounding off about the Bruins’ No. 1 pest and Larry Brooks of the New York Post brings you his airing of grievances.
“Sometimes he doesn’t show any respect for his opponents,” Brassard told The Post following yesterday’s prep work for tonight’s Game 5. “He’s been asking everybody on our team to fight all series, so I thought it was time to take him up on it, but then I guess he didn’t have any interest.”
Taking up any offer Marchand makes is the first mistake and Brassard bit hard dropping his gloves to fight him only to see Marchand skate away. He should be happy he didn’t get the Daniel Sedin treatment from him.
If you’re surprised by this report of Marchand’s antics, where have you been since he arrived on the scene? He’s a very talented pest and got approval from Pat Verbeek to be called the “little ball of hate.” Answering the bell to Marchand just means you’re doing exactly what he wants.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)