May 25, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Stop us if you’ve heard this before: An NHL player believes Boston’s Brad Marchand doesn’t play with respect for his opponents.
All right, you’re trying to stop us but we’ll keep going. This time around it’s Rangers forward Derick Brassard sounding off about the Bruins’ No. 1 pest and Larry Brooks of the New York Post brings you his airing of grievances.
“Sometimes he doesn’t show any respect for his opponents,” Brassard told The Post following yesterday’s prep work for tonight’s Game 5. “He’s been asking everybody on our team to fight all series, so I thought it was time to take him up on it, but then I guess he didn’t have any interest.”
Taking up any offer Marchand makes is the first mistake and Brassard bit hard dropping his gloves to fight him only to see Marchand skate away. He should be happy he didn’t get the Daniel Sedin treatment from him.
If you’re surprised by this report of Marchand’s antics, where have you been since he arrived on the scene? He’s a very talented pest and got approval from Pat Verbeek to be called the “little ball of hate.” Answering the bell to Marchand just means you’re doing exactly what he wants.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6