May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
The Blackhawks are going to be loading up their top line to start tonight’s must-win Game 5 against Detroit.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports from this morning’s skate that Jonathan Toews will have Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane on his wings tonight as they hope that loaded attack can get the Red Wings off their game. Kane tells Myers things could go really well if they find their old chemistry again.
“I played a lot my first couple years in the league and developed some chemistry where it was pretty instant and had a lot of offensive chances. We just have to remember how to play with each other; we haven’t done it in a while,” he said. “Hopefully we can have a couple good shifts early and get the chemistry back right away.”
One thing loading up the top line could do is help free up Toews as he’s had Henrik Zetterberg all over him in this series. With home ice and last change to go along with a pair of new-old line mates, perhaps a breakout is in the Chicago captain’s future.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)