May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
The Blackhawks are going to be loading up their top line to start tonight’s must-win Game 5 against Detroit.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports from this morning’s skate that Jonathan Toews will have Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane on his wings tonight as they hope that loaded attack can get the Red Wings off their game. Kane tells Myers things could go really well if they find their old chemistry again.
“I played a lot my first couple years in the league and developed some chemistry where it was pretty instant and had a lot of offensive chances. We just have to remember how to play with each other; we haven’t done it in a while,” he said. “Hopefully we can have a couple good shifts early and get the chemistry back right away.”
One thing loading up the top line could do is help free up Toews as he’s had Henrik Zetterberg all over him in this series. With home ice and last change to go along with a pair of new-old line mates, perhaps a breakout is in the Chicago captain’s future.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 18
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 43
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)