May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
The Blackhawks are going to be loading up their top line to start tonight’s must-win Game 5 against Detroit.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports from this morning’s skate that Jonathan Toews will have Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane on his wings tonight as they hope that loaded attack can get the Red Wings off their game. Kane tells Myers things could go really well if they find their old chemistry again.
“I played a lot my first couple years in the league and developed some chemistry where it was pretty instant and had a lot of offensive chances. We just have to remember how to play with each other; we haven’t done it in a while,” he said. “Hopefully we can have a couple good shifts early and get the chemistry back right away.”
One thing loading up the top line could do is help free up Toews as he’s had Henrik Zetterberg all over him in this series. With home ice and last change to go along with a pair of new-old line mates, perhaps a breakout is in the Chicago captain’s future.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 18
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)