May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
The Blackhawks are going to be loading up their top line to start tonight’s must-win Game 5 against Detroit.
Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com reports from this morning’s skate that Jonathan Toews will have Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane on his wings tonight as they hope that loaded attack can get the Red Wings off their game. Kane tells Myers things could go really well if they find their old chemistry again.
“I played a lot my first couple years in the league and developed some chemistry where it was pretty instant and had a lot of offensive chances. We just have to remember how to play with each other; we haven’t done it in a while,” he said. “Hopefully we can have a couple good shifts early and get the chemistry back right away.”
One thing loading up the top line could do is help free up Toews as he’s had Henrik Zetterberg all over him in this series. With home ice and last change to go along with a pair of new-old line mates, perhaps a breakout is in the Chicago captain’s future.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 11
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1