May 25, 2013, 11:37 PM EST
Jonathan Toews wasn’t the only player who turned his fortunes around in Game 5 on Saturday.
Andrew Shaw had a great night of his own, scoring two goals and drawing a penalty to boot. That’s a big turnaround for the 21-year-old forward who failed to record a point in the first four games of this second-round series against the Detroit Red Wings and was handed a game misconduct in Game 3.
Shaw said Handzus sat down with him and talked to him about controlling his emotions and “eating a punch instead of giving one.” #Blackhawks
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) May 26, 2013
Again, PHT does not endorse this strategy in your day-to-day life (unless you’re a professional hockey player … maybe).
* – OK, Reggie Miller drew the occasional John Starks headbutt in the NBA …
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)