May 25, 2013, 11:37 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews wasn’t the only player who turned his fortunes around in Game 5 on Saturday.
Andrew Shaw had a great night of his own, scoring two goals and drawing a penalty to boot. That’s a big turnaround for the 21-year-old forward who failed to record a point in the first four games of this second-round series against the Detroit Red Wings and was handed a game misconduct in Game 3.
Shaw said Handzus sat down with him and talked to him about controlling his emotions and “eating a punch instead of giving one.” #Blackhawks
— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) May 26, 2013
Again, PHT does not endorse this strategy in your day-to-day life (unless you’re a professional hockey player … maybe).
* – OK, Reggie Miller drew the occasional John Starks headbutt in the NBA …
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)