May 24, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Brenden Morrow gave the Pittsburgh Penguins an early 1-0 lead Friday against the Ottawa Senators.
But the goal will likely garner plenty of debate. Morrow re-directed a pass from defenseman Mark Eaton past Craig Anderson, however the puck last went off the right foot of Morrow as he cut across the front of the net.
The play was subject to a review, but the goal stood, giving Pittsburgh the lead in Game 5 of this Eastern Conference semifinal. A win for the Penguins and they eliminate the Senators and advance to the conference final.
From the replay, it appeared there was no distinct kicking motion. But you be the judge.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“At 6:25 of the first period in the Senators/Penguins game, video review upheld the referee’s call on the ice that Mark Eaton’s shot first deflected off Brenden Morrow’s stick and then his right skate and into the net in a legal fashion. Good Goal Pittsburgh,” stated the explanation at NHL.com.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)