May 24, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Brenden Morrow gave the Pittsburgh Penguins an early 1-0 lead Friday against the Ottawa Senators.
But the goal will likely garner plenty of debate. Morrow re-directed a pass from defenseman Mark Eaton past Craig Anderson, however the puck last went off the right foot of Morrow as he cut across the front of the net.
The play was subject to a review, but the goal stood, giving Pittsburgh the lead in Game 5 of this Eastern Conference semifinal. A win for the Penguins and they eliminate the Senators and advance to the conference final.
From the replay, it appeared there was no distinct kicking motion. But you be the judge.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“At 6:25 of the first period in the Senators/Penguins game, video review upheld the referee’s call on the ice that Mark Eaton’s shot first deflected off Brenden Morrow’s stick and then his right skate and into the net in a legal fashion. Good Goal Pittsburgh,” stated the explanation at NHL.com.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 11
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 10
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 15
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)