May 24, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Brenden Morrow gave the Pittsburgh Penguins an early 1-0 lead Friday against the Ottawa Senators.
But the goal will likely garner plenty of debate. Morrow re-directed a pass from defenseman Mark Eaton past Craig Anderson, however the puck last went off the right foot of Morrow as he cut across the front of the net.
The play was subject to a review, but the goal stood, giving Pittsburgh the lead in Game 5 of this Eastern Conference semifinal. A win for the Penguins and they eliminate the Senators and advance to the conference final.
From the replay, it appeared there was no distinct kicking motion. But you be the judge.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“At 6:25 of the first period in the Senators/Penguins game, video review upheld the referee’s call on the ice that Mark Eaton’s shot first deflected off Brenden Morrow’s stick and then his right skate and into the net in a legal fashion. Good Goal Pittsburgh,” stated the explanation at NHL.com.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)