May 24, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Brad Richards is expected to be a healthy scratch for the second straight time tomorrow when the Rangers play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Bruins in Boston.
Richards skated with the other Game 4 scratches this morning before regular practice.
It’s no surprise head coach John Tortorella is expected to keep the same lineup for Saturday’s game, given the one he used Thursday is the only one that’s resulted in a Rangers victory this series.
At this point, it appears the only way Richards will play again in this series is by way of an injury to a teammate. (If the Rangers can somehow win three more against the B’s and advance to the conference finals, well, let’s just cross that bridge should we come to it.)
By the way, Richards’ replacement on the fourth line, Kris Newbury, was on the ice for 8:03 of Game 4 and finished with four hits, going 0-for-2 in the faceoff circle.
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 0
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 11
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13