May 24, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
Brad Richards is expected to be a healthy scratch for the second straight time tomorrow when the Rangers play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Bruins in Boston.
Richards skated with the other Game 4 scratches this morning before regular practice.
It’s no surprise head coach John Tortorella is expected to keep the same lineup for Saturday’s game, given the one he used Thursday is the only one that’s resulted in a Rangers victory this series.
At this point, it appears the only way Richards will play again in this series is by way of an injury to a teammate. (If the Rangers can somehow win three more against the B’s and advance to the conference finals, well, let’s just cross that bridge should we come to it.)
By the way, Richards’ replacement on the fourth line, Kris Newbury, was on the ice for 8:03 of Game 4 and finished with four hits, going 0-for-2 in the faceoff circle.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)