May 24, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Brad Richards is expected to be a healthy scratch for the second straight time tomorrow when the Rangers play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Bruins in Boston.
Richards skated with the other Game 4 scratches this morning before regular practice.
It’s no surprise head coach John Tortorella is expected to keep the same lineup for Saturday’s game, given the one he used Thursday is the only one that’s resulted in a Rangers victory this series.
At this point, it appears the only way Richards will play again in this series is by way of an injury to a teammate. (If the Rangers can somehow win three more against the B’s and advance to the conference finals, well, let’s just cross that bridge should we come to it.)
By the way, Richards’ replacement on the fourth line, Kris Newbury, was on the ice for 8:03 of Game 4 and finished with four hits, going 0-for-2 in the faceoff circle.
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 16
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 18
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)