May 24, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Brad Richards is expected to be a healthy scratch for the second straight time tomorrow when the Rangers play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Bruins in Boston.
Richards skated with the other Game 4 scratches this morning before regular practice.
It’s no surprise head coach John Tortorella is expected to keep the same lineup for Saturday’s game, given the one he used Thursday is the only one that’s resulted in a Rangers victory this series.
At this point, it appears the only way Richards will play again in this series is by way of an injury to a teammate. (If the Rangers can somehow win three more against the B’s and advance to the conference finals, well, let’s just cross that bridge should we come to it.)
By the way, Richards’ replacement on the fourth line, Kris Newbury, was on the ice for 8:03 of Game 4 and finished with four hits, going 0-for-2 in the faceoff circle.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)