May 24, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
Brad Richards is expected to be a healthy scratch for the second straight time tomorrow when the Rangers play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Bruins in Boston.
Richards skated with the other Game 4 scratches this morning before regular practice.
It’s no surprise head coach John Tortorella is expected to keep the same lineup for Saturday’s game, given the one he used Thursday is the only one that’s resulted in a Rangers victory this series.
At this point, it appears the only way Richards will play again in this series is by way of an injury to a teammate. (If the Rangers can somehow win three more against the B’s and advance to the conference finals, well, let’s just cross that bridge should we come to it.)
By the way, Richards’ replacement on the fourth line, Kris Newbury, was on the ice for 8:03 of Game 4 and finished with four hits, going 0-for-2 in the faceoff circle.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 21
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)