May 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
It appears Daniel Alfredsson‘s comments just won’t go away.
The Senators captain, who following a 7-3 loss in Game 4 said “probably not” when asked if Ottawa could come back against the Pens, is still feeling the blowback from that controversial remark.
“I don’t see our leader, our captain talking like that,” Dupuis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Ever.”
Alfredsson has remained unapologetic for saying what he did, and hasn’t backed off his statements.
If anything, he says they were perhaps taken out of context:
Whatever the case, it was clear his Senators teammates were sticking with him.
“The odds makers aren’t going to give us a chance to win this series, and maybe that’s how we like it,” Jason Spezza told the Globe and Mail. “Maybe that’s how we’ve played our best hockey all year. I think that’s what [Alfredsson] was getting at.”
Defenseman Marc Methot took it a step further.
“I’ll say this: Alfie’s an extremely intelligent individual. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, he’s usually right to the point,” Methot said. “He’s great with all the young guys in terms of helping, he’s a teacher.
“Does it shock me? Probably not so much.”
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 15
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 13
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 54
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)