May 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
It appears Daniel Alfredsson‘s comments just won’t go away.
The Senators captain, who following a 7-3 loss in Game 4 said “probably not” when asked if Ottawa could come back against the Pens, is still feeling the blowback from that controversial remark.
“I don’t see our leader, our captain talking like that,” Dupuis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Ever.”
Alfredsson has remained unapologetic for saying what he did, and hasn’t backed off his statements.
If anything, he says they were perhaps taken out of context:
Whatever the case, it was clear his Senators teammates were sticking with him.
“The odds makers aren’t going to give us a chance to win this series, and maybe that’s how we like it,” Jason Spezza told the Globe and Mail. “Maybe that’s how we’ve played our best hockey all year. I think that’s what [Alfredsson] was getting at.”
Defenseman Marc Methot took it a step further.
“I’ll say this: Alfie’s an extremely intelligent individual. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, he’s usually right to the point,” Methot said. “He’s great with all the young guys in terms of helping, he’s a teacher.
“Does it shock me? Probably not so much.”
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)