May 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
It appears Daniel Alfredsson‘s comments just won’t go away.
The Senators captain, who following a 7-3 loss in Game 4 said “probably not” when asked if Ottawa could come back against the Pens, is still feeling the blowback from that controversial remark.
“I don’t see our leader, our captain talking like that,” Dupuis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Ever.”
Alfredsson has remained unapologetic for saying what he did, and hasn’t backed off his statements.
If anything, he says they were perhaps taken out of context:
Whatever the case, it was clear his Senators teammates were sticking with him.
“The odds makers aren’t going to give us a chance to win this series, and maybe that’s how we like it,” Jason Spezza told the Globe and Mail. “Maybe that’s how we’ve played our best hockey all year. I think that’s what [Alfredsson] was getting at.”
Defenseman Marc Methot took it a step further.
“I’ll say this: Alfie’s an extremely intelligent individual. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, he’s usually right to the point,” Methot said. “He’s great with all the young guys in terms of helping, he’s a teacher.
“Does it shock me? Probably not so much.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)