May 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
It appears Daniel Alfredsson‘s comments just won’t go away.
The Senators captain, who following a 7-3 loss in Game 4 said “probably not” when asked if Ottawa could come back against the Pens, is still feeling the blowback from that controversial remark.
“I don’t see our leader, our captain talking like that,” Dupuis told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Ever.”
Alfredsson has remained unapologetic for saying what he did, and hasn’t backed off his statements.
If anything, he says they were perhaps taken out of context:
Whatever the case, it was clear his Senators teammates were sticking with him.
“The odds makers aren’t going to give us a chance to win this series, and maybe that’s how we like it,” Jason Spezza told the Globe and Mail. “Maybe that’s how we’ve played our best hockey all year. I think that’s what [Alfredsson] was getting at.”
Defenseman Marc Methot took it a step further.
“I’ll say this: Alfie’s an extremely intelligent individual. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, he’s usually right to the point,” Methot said. “He’s great with all the young guys in terms of helping, he’s a teacher.
“Does it shock me? Probably not so much.”
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)