May 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish is actively shopping his team’s seventh overall draft pick.
“We’ve talked to a number of teams about that seventh pick and moving that pick in either direction,” MacTavish told season-ticket holders Thursday evening, per 630 CHED. “I think that’s something that we’re very amenable to.
“If we do move that pick back and get an asset that we feel can come in and help the current group, we’d be more than happy to have any of those discussions, and have had many of those discussions with a lot of the managers at this point. In terms of moving up, I’ve had a couple discussions with managers about moving up.”
If another GM would like to grab MacTavish’s attention, a big center and a goalie to push Devan Dubnyk are on the organization’s wish list.
The Oilers, of course, have picked first overall the past three seasons. Now, it’s time to start winning with those picks. (Actually, it was time to starting winning when the 2013 season started, but Edmonton missed the playoffs for the seventh straight time.)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7