May 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish is actively shopping his team’s seventh overall draft pick.
“We’ve talked to a number of teams about that seventh pick and moving that pick in either direction,” MacTavish told season-ticket holders Thursday evening, per 630 CHED. “I think that’s something that we’re very amenable to.
“If we do move that pick back and get an asset that we feel can come in and help the current group, we’d be more than happy to have any of those discussions, and have had many of those discussions with a lot of the managers at this point. In terms of moving up, I’ve had a couple discussions with managers about moving up.”
If another GM would like to grab MacTavish’s attention, a big center and a goalie to push Devan Dubnyk are on the organization’s wish list.
The Oilers, of course, have picked first overall the past three seasons. Now, it’s time to start winning with those picks. (Actually, it was time to starting winning when the 2013 season started, but Edmonton missed the playoffs for the seventh straight time.)
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)