May 24, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish is actively shopping his team’s seventh overall draft pick.
“We’ve talked to a number of teams about that seventh pick and moving that pick in either direction,” MacTavish told season-ticket holders Thursday evening, per 630 CHED. “I think that’s something that we’re very amenable to.
“If we do move that pick back and get an asset that we feel can come in and help the current group, we’d be more than happy to have any of those discussions, and have had many of those discussions with a lot of the managers at this point. In terms of moving up, I’ve had a couple discussions with managers about moving up.”
If another GM would like to grab MacTavish’s attention, a big center and a goalie to push Devan Dubnyk are on the organization’s wish list.
The Oilers, of course, have picked first overall the past three seasons. Now, it’s time to start winning with those picks. (Actually, it was time to starting winning when the 2013 season started, but Edmonton missed the playoffs for the seventh straight time.)
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)