May 24, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
Shorthanded at forward for most of their second-round series vs. L.A., the San Jose Sharks may be getting some reinforcements in time for Game 6.
So close, in fact, that he might return to the lineup for Sunday’s elimination game at HP Pavilion.
Burish, 30, didn’t have a huge impact with San Jose this season after scoring a career high 19 points last year with Dallas.
In 46 games with the Sharks, he had just three points and averaged under 11 minutes per game, but he is one of the more experienced playoff performers on the San Jose roster and one of the few that’s won a Stanley Cup.
At this point, the Sharks will take whatever they can get up front.
Raffi Torres was suspended for the series after a headshot on Jarret Stoll in Game 1, while Martin Havlat’s return from injury lasted all of five minutes, and he’s unlikely to return either.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7