May 24, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Tonight, it looks as though Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma will stick with the same lineup that scored a 7-3 victory over Ottawa on Wednesday.
Forward Chris Kunitz, who barely played in the third period of Game 4, will be back on a line with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis while Brenden Morrow, who missed last game with an undisclosed injury, appears to be out again — though he did classify himself as a gametime decision.
The Penguins lead the series three games to one and are looking to advance to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time since 2009 — the same year they won their last Stanley Cup.
But to do it, they’ll need to top an Ottawa team that’s hoping to rekindle some old magic.
“That’s a line we can always go back to,” MacLean said. “Obviously they’re a veteran threesome that’s played a number of games in the league. We’ve always felt we could go to that, just because they’re veteran players.”
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6