May 24, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
Tonight, it looks as though Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma will stick with the same lineup that scored a 7-3 victory over Ottawa on Wednesday.
Forward Chris Kunitz, who barely played in the third period of Game 4, will be back on a line with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis while Brenden Morrow, who missed last game with an undisclosed injury, appears to be out again — though he did classify himself as a gametime decision.
The Penguins lead the series three games to one and are looking to advance to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time since 2009 — the same year they won their last Stanley Cup.
But to do it, they’ll need to top an Ottawa team that’s hoping to rekindle some old magic.
“That’s a line we can always go back to,” MacLean said. “Obviously they’re a veteran threesome that’s played a number of games in the league. We’ve always felt we could go to that, just because they’re veteran players.”
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5