May 24, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Tonight, it looks as though Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma will stick with the same lineup that scored a 7-3 victory over Ottawa on Wednesday.
Forward Chris Kunitz, who barely played in the third period of Game 4, will be back on a line with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis while Brenden Morrow, who missed last game with an undisclosed injury, appears to be out again — though he did classify himself as a gametime decision.
The Penguins lead the series three games to one and are looking to advance to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time since 2009 — the same year they won their last Stanley Cup.
But to do it, they’ll need to top an Ottawa team that’s hoping to rekindle some old magic.
“That’s a line we can always go back to,” MacLean said. “Obviously they’re a veteran threesome that’s played a number of games in the league. We’ve always felt we could go to that, just because they’re veteran players.”
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17