May 24, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Tonight, it looks as though Pittsburgh head coach Dan Bylsma will stick with the same lineup that scored a 7-3 victory over Ottawa on Wednesday.
Forward Chris Kunitz, who barely played in the third period of Game 4, will be back on a line with Sidney Crosby and Pascal Dupuis while Brenden Morrow, who missed last game with an undisclosed injury, appears to be out again — though he did classify himself as a gametime decision.
The Penguins lead the series three games to one and are looking to advance to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time since 2009 — the same year they won their last Stanley Cup.
But to do it, they’ll need to top an Ottawa team that’s hoping to rekindle some old magic.
“That’s a line we can always go back to,” MacLean said. “Obviously they’re a veteran threesome that’s played a number of games in the league. We’ve always felt we could go to that, just because they’re veteran players.”
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)